“Brilliant”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Fiamma - CLOSED

La Fiamma
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Serves Alcohol
Description: NOW OPEN 6 NIGHTS PER WEEK (Tuesday to Sunday - (Sunday open for collection and delivery Only) Tulip Foods UK Pizza Chef of the Year Award Winner - PAPA Awards 2013. At La Fiamma, we want to bring you a truly memorable pizza, made with great ingredients and traditional methods and cooked in our amazing wood-fired oven. Apart form being named in the Guardian's Top 8 pizza places in the country in August 2013, In November at the Pizza, Pasta and Italian Food Association's (PAPA) Awards ceremony in London on November 14th, 2013, Our owner and chef was named Pizza Chef of the Year.
“Brilliant”
Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

Just wanted to give feedback after reading your bad review, after visiting you guys for the first time with my land lord a friend of yours Andy Hall, I thought you guys did a fantastic job, your clearly very passionate about your food and that really came across, such a great atmosphere, very laid back and welcoming the pizza was excellent man sized and delicious. Have recommended to just about Anyone who's hungry. Keep up the fantastic work guys. :)

Simon698, Owner at La Fiamma, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear Jimmy760,

Sorry it's taken a while to respond to your review - but just wanted to say a massive thank you for going to the time and trouble of writing so positively about the business and most of all pizza! I really appreciate the feedback and recommendation! Very kind and hope to see you again soon! All the very best,
Simon :)

“Fantastic pizza and friendly service”
Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

For my son's birthday we decided to get take away pizza. After looking at the menus of all the pizza places in tunbridge wells and being put off by the idea of BBQ sauce on a pizza we settled for La Fiamma. The owner Simon was so friendly, the pizza was huge and absolutely delicious. I'm surprised anyone bothers with Dominos when you have La Fiamma a few doors away.

Visited April 2014
Simon698, Owner at La Fiamma, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear Suzyneve,

Thank you very much indeed for your lovely review - I can't tell you how much I appreciate it as we put in a lot of effort here to try to achieve excellent results. I'm really glad you enjoyed it and I hope your son had an excellent birthday! All the very best,
Simon :)
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“Ignore the doubters and try the pizza!”
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

The pizza is fantastic best in TW by far! It is best now as just a take away only as the restaurant has never been the right size/layout for restaurant. The food will speak for itself just try it!

Visited March 2014
Dear KBW175,

I'm not suree who you are or when you ordered - but I wanted to let you know that your review put a huge smile on my face - you do seem to understand our situation re the restaurant. So THANK YOU once again and I wish you all the very very best in the future!

Kindest regards,

Simon
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“Best pizza I've ever had”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

This is the 2nd time I've had La Fiamma pizza and it is so delicious, the best pizza I've ever had! I met Simon (owner) and his lovely wife when I went in to order it and they're so friendly. The decor is great, logs against the wall for the wood fire, open kitchen so you can see the pizza being made. Very reasonable pricing and it was but one get one free tonight (£15 altogether) They also deliver. I will definitely be back, the pizza is fresh, thin and crispy base, just amazing.

• Visited March 2014
Dear Rachel,

That was such a lovely review and it was indeed a great pleasure to meet you too. I really, really appreciate your kind words and your tweets re Fuggles! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review that really put a smile on my face! Wishing you all the best. Simon and Sara x
“<3”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

When I first moved to Tunbridge Wells from Boston, MA, I felt the town needed a good pizza restaurant (partly because I felt *I needed* a good pizza restaurant). A year ago, my pizza-prayers were answered and La Fiamma opened.

Not only is La Fiamma a spiritual retreat for my taste buds, it's also a welcoming home away from home. This restaurant has become my Cheers (which, if you're ever in Boston, I recommend you do. not. visit.). I've introduced La Fiamma's pizza to visiting friends, to clients, and to my local networking groups. Every time new people try it, they're impressed– impressed by the quality of the ingredients and the attentiveness of the staff. I'm embarrassed to admit how often I eat in this wonderful restaurant (or get takeaway/delivery), but in the many dozens of times that I've been privileged enough to enjoy a La Fiamma meal, I've never once been let down by the finished product or the service.

Out of all my La Fiamma memories (and there are many!), my favourite is that of a woman in her 80s who visited for a talk a friend of mine hosted at the restaurant. On her way out the door, she leaned over to me and said "You know, I really do not like pizza. But I LOVED this pizza!" And girlfriend's got it right– La Fiamma isn't just pizza, it's an experience. An experience of taste, passion, and wonderfulness. An experience of pizza perfection!

Simon, Sara, and their amazing team will go to the ends of the earth to please their customers, but luckily, I only need to walk a few minutes down the street to get to them. And I will. Again and again and again. <3 <3 <3

• Visited March 2014
Ah Kate!

What could I possibly say to the loveliest review we have had? It's so very kind of you to write such a positive and uplifting review and at such length and detail too. You are without doubt our favourite customer and I can not thank you enough for what has been the most enthusiastic support for our business since you first came in over a year ago! If only all customers could be just like you!

We will endeavour to continue to try and make sure that every pizza (or Garlic Bread with Cheese!) is better than the last, and I wish you, sincerely, all the very very best for your many enterprises!

Hope to see you soon!