“La Fiamma Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Fiamma - CLOSED

La Fiamma
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Serves Alcohol
Description: NOW OPEN 6 NIGHTS PER WEEK (Tuesday to Sunday - (Sunday open for collection and delivery Only) Tulip Foods UK Pizza Chef of the Year Award Winner - PAPA Awards 2013. At La Fiamma, we want to bring you a truly memorable pizza, made with great ingredients and traditional methods and cooked in our amazing wood-fired oven. Apart form being named in the Guardian's Top 8 pizza places in the country in August 2013, In November at the Pizza, Pasta and Italian Food Association's (PAPA) Awards ceremony in London on November 14th, 2013, Our owner and chef was named Pizza Chef of the Year.
“La Fiamma Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

What a breath of fresh air! A 'pizza' restaurant serving delicious properly oven-baked pizzas. We went to La Fiamma this week having been recommended the restaurant through French and Italian friends. They did not disappoint - it brought back memories of Sardinia!
Great friendly welcome, warm atmosphere and fantastic food. even the music was excellent. We will be returning very soon.

• Visited October 2013
Simon698, Owner at La Fiamma, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
What can I say? Thanks a million! It was lovely to welcome such friendly and funny people to our restaurant and thank you for leaving such an amazing review! I'm so glad you enjoyed the evening and we look forward to seeing you both soon. All the very best, Simon & Sara

Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“Delicious pizza, what more could you want?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

We visited last night after being recommended by a friend. Had a very warm welcome from the staff and Simon the chef. We sat up top which was nice as able to see the oven and see it all being created.

Bottle of house red (tempranillo) was delicious and we quickly saw two bottles off between four of us. Had the antipasti to share which was very yummy. Only slight criticism is that the menu mentions cheeses, which is what made me decide to order it. However, there was a little bit of grated parmesan on the dish, which was a bit of a let down, as I am a cheese fiend and would have loved some Italian cheeses on there. Apart from that, every mouthful was delicious.

Ordered the La Fiamma which was lovely. Beautiful fresh ingredients, and proper decent buffalo mozzarella. Simon was very helpful and personally came to speak my fussy friend about her veggie option.

My fiance order the Tuscano which said it had chilli on it. Luckily for him he has a high tolerance for chilli, as we discovered there were Scotch Bonnets on there. For him it was fine and tasty, but you might be surprised if you order it thinking it is just a bit of red chilli on it and get that. Maybe the menu should mention it is Scotch Bonnets.

Everyone enjoyed their meals and the fussy vegetarian took her leftovers home with her.

The staff were good, although with such small tables, it would have been nice if empty beer glasses could have been removed during the meal to make room for our 4 pizzas. Although saying that, I could have just asked for them to be removed.

All in all a lovely meal and a lovely evening.

Would recommed to friends and would come again.

Hi Catriona,

Thanks for the really positive review. You make some very good points which I assure you I have taken on board. I'm really glad that you enjoyed the meal and I'm just a little disappointed that it was a quiet night when you were in. It was nice to meet you and I hope you do decide to return in the future. Kind regards, Simon
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“Perfect pizzas every time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

La Fiamma is a family favourite, we can't get enough of the delicious pizzas of which there are a great range to suit every pallet. Personal favourite is the Fioretina - an absolute must have! We've been going back, week after week because the food is always quick, delicious and satisfying. The staff are amazing, really welcoming & hospitable too, they have done an amazing job, definitely the best pizzas in Tunbridge Wells.

Hi Bevan,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. You know it goes without saying that your family are always, always welcome. I am honestly so glad we have you as regular customers - really. Couldn't ask for better and nicer customers. All the very best and look forward to seeing you soon. Simon
kent
“Great addition to Tunbridge Wells”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

We had to celebrate the end of Kent Tests - the girls said they wanted pizza - but we couldn't face Pizza Express. Luckily we'd been told about La Fiamma and actually seen the review of it in the Guardian's Top Ten Pizza Restaurants article. And it's every bit as good as they say. You know it's going to be good when you're actually sitting next to the vast piles of wood needed to heat the pizza oven - there is just no comparison between the deliciously authentic pizza dough here and the pallid imitation at chain pizza places. Toppings are wonderfully fresh - I particularly loved the tomatoes on my Capricciosa, and my husband's Fiorentina was lovely too. I've had pizza in Italy and this is as close as you're probably going to get in the UK. The owners have created a wonderfully warm and relaxed atmosphere, with genuinely pleasant staff - it was packed on a Thursday evening, which says it all. Just one minor comment: the salads could have been a little more imaginative and more Italian - to offer a tempting low-carb alternative to pizza. This is definitely going to be one of our regular destinations! And it's cheaper than Pizza Express - what's not to like?

Dear kategod,

I just wanted to say how much I appreciated your really well written review. I thought everything you said was true - even the minor criticisms! Let me assure you that we are working on them. I'm very, very pleased you enjoyed your meal and I really hope you come again. Kind regards, Simon
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“Best pizza in town ! Size & quality !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

Really hope they make a success of this place. Massive pizzas that taste great. Prices are really reasonable for food and drink and the starters are especially reasonable. I admit the pizza was so big it beat me but not for want of trying. Service is friendly, perhaps a little nervy but that's only because they care and its a new venture. Downstairs decor could be a bit better and coffee wasn't great but it's not a coffee lounge so overall still great. Will def be taking my carbohydrate munching friends again soon to this little gem!

Simon698, Owner at La Fiamma, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Hi and thanks a lot for the lovely review - much appreciated! I take your comments on board and hopefully you will visit us again. Thanks and regards, Simon :)