“Excellent pizza”
Review of La Fiamma - CLOSED

La Fiamma
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: NOW OPEN 6 NIGHTS PER WEEK (Tuesday to Sunday - (Sunday open for collection and delivery Only) Tulip Foods UK Pizza Chef of the Year Award Winner - PAPA Awards 2013. At La Fiamma, we want to bring you a truly memorable pizza, made with great ingredients and traditional methods and cooked in our amazing wood-fired oven. Apart form being named in the Guardian's Top 8 pizza places in the country in August 2013, In November at the Pizza, Pasta and Italian Food Association's (PAPA) Awards ceremony in London on November 14th, 2013, Our owner and chef was named Pizza Chef of the Year.
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Great friendly service, top quality pizzas - probably deffo need to book in evening. why did we ever go to pizza express?

Simon698, Owner at La Fiamma, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Thank you for your kind review. I'm extremely pleased that you enjoyed your meal and look forward to seeing you again soon. Simon :)

There are newer reviews for La Fiamma

Reviewed August 30, 2013

I initially chose this place as it was ranked as the #1 restaurant in Tunbridge Wells. I was a little surprised to find it is just a small simple pizza place. Small but very nice. I really liked that we could see the flames in the big wood burning oven, the whole kitchen is open to the dining area. The service was a little nervous but very good, very friendly and worthy of a decent tip.

The Antipasti was pretty average supermarket fare from packets and tins. No bread was provided at all.

The Pizzas were very good, I'd guess the best in Tunbridge Wells. They were very slightly over oily though and lost the crispness in the base a little too soon as a result.

I will be back though.

Simon698, Owner at La Fiamma, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Hello and thank you for the positive elements of your review.

I'm very glad indeed that you enjoyed the pizza. We finish all pizzas with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, I'm assuming that this is what you are referring to? Obviously if you would prefer not to have this then please do mention it with your order on your next visit.

I'm not sure really how to address your comments re the Antipasti...My suppliers would be mortified to hear that their products could be classed as fairly average supermarket fare and from tins and packets...lol! To break it down, an Antipasti starter consists of: Salami Milano, Chorizo, Prossciutto, Roasted Cherry or Plum Tomatoes, Sun Blushed Tomatoes, Roasted Peppers, Artichoke hearts, Fresh fillets of Anchovies and Olives Provencal. Then there's a drizzle of Balsamic and EV Olive Oil and Parmeggiano and fresh basil and a turn of black pepper. It is more than adequate for 2 to share and it costs just £5.95. Freshly baked garlic dough bread is available on the menu at just £2.75. I'm sure that you can appreciate that we need a margin as well. We might make a pound or 2 on the starter - its really not significant when you consider the type of overhead we run here.

But thanks again for the 4 stars...I really appreciate that. Hope to see you again.

Simon

Reviewed August 27, 2013

We had a wonderful meal and it was very good value. We both had very delicious pizzas that with a delicious light base. We also notes how satisfied then other customers were and was a very friendly atmosphere

Hi Simon,

Thank you very, very much for the terrific review. I'm truly delighted that you enjoyed the meal and took the time to review us. Thanks again for such positive feedback! Simon :)

Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Myself and partner ate here as part of a large table and had such a lovely evening! The food was amazing, if not better than what I had when in Rome! A beautiful antipasti starter followed by a very generous pizza.
It was warm and inviting, with great staff!

Hello Pinklollys!
Thank you for a lovely, lovely review. Really, really appreciated that. I'm so glad you enjoyed the meal and I hope that you come back again soon! Simon :)

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I love La Fiamma! My partner and I, and our friends, are there all the time. Partly that's because the food is so amazing, but partly because the place has such a nice atmosphere. Simon and his team really look after you. If you haven't been, you're really missing out. Definitely my favourite restaurant in Tunbridge Wells.

Simon698, Owner at La Fiamma, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Hi Nick, Thank you very much indeed for this review! I have thanked you in person already because you are a regular customer. I just want to say how grateful I am to you for the review and also for continuing to come back! I really appreciate the positive feedback and as I'm sure you know, you are always welcome and it is always a pleasure to see you. Thanks a gain and I look forward to seeing you soon. Simon :)