“A great venue for fathers 60th birthday”
Review of Restaurant Madeira

Restaurant Madeira
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Really pleased with the level of service, standard of food and especially the very tasty cake that was kindly made by a member of staff. We were provided with a large table, perfect for 10 guests. The food was excellent, it had a real authentic, homemade feel to it. My father had no idea we were putting this on for him and was overwhelmed by the whole night (the jugs of sangria probably helped!). Many thanks to all the staff!

Reviewed February 15, 2014

We chose the Salmon and the bacalhau (cod) options as main, squid and bolinho de bacalhau as starter. Simply great food, fresh with a home made taste. I was really surprised with the cod dish I can say it is one of the best I tried!
Will definitely come back

Reviewed January 10, 2014

We stumbled on this restaurant via the internet looking for a local Portuguese restaurant. Having close connections to Madeira we decided to give this a try. I was terrified I would be disappointed as having visited Madeira over the last three decades and loving the traditional food it was more than I hoped that this hidden gem of a restaurant would deliver. Infact the food surpassed our expectations.The service was the best I have experienced for many years. The owner made you feel special.The Chefs served the closest authentic food that I have had outside of Madeira. We all had the meat skewers ESPETADAS with traditional accompaniments Milho Frito, salad, chips and bolo de caco. The meat was beautiful. Excellent quality. Good sized portions. We had the house red wine after reading other reviews. Perfect ! We shall be returning and recommending this unassuming restaurant to our friends. I really hope there is support for this restaurant. Not many places left these days in my experience that offer the total package for a reasonable price. Good luck Restaurant Madeira and thank you for the first pleasing meal of many we hope. Cannot fault.

1  Thank SONIARD
Reviewed January 9, 2014

We decided to visit the Restaurant Madeira for a New Year’s Eve meal and I have to say it was one of the best meals we have had recently. We had the fish cakes and peri peri jumbo prawns to start (they were hot!) and then a lamb skewer and steak cooked on your own hot stone. The meat was exceptional quality and it was certainly the best fillet steak I have had.

The service is attentive, warm and friendly and we were recognised from previous visits and made to feel very much at home.

We are already looking forward to our next visit!

Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is a wonderful place if you want a restaurant that provides a family style welcome and good quality food. A small slice of Portugal in Tunbridge Wells.