“wonderful food inside.”

Cuisines: British, Soups
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Lovely fresh and wholesome food with good service. The cakes are also delicious. Good value, too. We will return whenever we can.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Arrived having never visited the town before and asked some ladies where we could get good coffee. SO glad they recommended Basil as it was just perfect. Lovely coffee and delicious cakes. The service was also superb with a very helpful and friendly waitress. If we lived nearer we would visit every week!

Reviewed August 1, 2013

This is one of my favourite cafes. From the warm, friendly but not over the top service to the amazing range of cakes this place is delightful. There are lovely little touches like simple fresh flowers on the tables. The food is excellent with healthy options (including good choice for vegetarians) as well as extremely tempting cakes, chocolate covered flapjacks and other tasty treats. I would recommend this place to anyone visiting Tunbridge Wells.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Busy when two of us arrived so the only table free was asmall round table near the door. Table wobbled and we were constantly bumped into by staff and customers. It is odd that the Counterspace is enormous but seating area cramped and unsuitable in many places.
The food was good (delicious salmon quiche) but it is expensive. .
Staff ok but slow service.
Not a relaxing lunch.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I went into Basil for lunch with my wife. We had not been there before but liked the idea of fresh organic food as advertised outside the premises. On entering the display of beautifully prepared home made cakes and quiches was brilliantly complemented by the fresh unusual salads.
I ordered the ham and leek quiche with quinoia salad. My wife ordered the greek yoghurt with fruit compote and granola. The food was delicious and the staff were a delight.
This is my new place to go in Tunbridge Wells and I think this will be so for some time.
Well worth a visit.