“Honest appraisal”

Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Honest appraisal”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We have eaten at Pangs Sushi 6 times, with a variety of different people and the feeling is unanimous that the food is excellent. The fish could be no fresher, the tempura could not be lighter and the desserts are very innovative. We also had a takeaway which was delivered promptly although we live in atricky place to find. Lovely to find a chef with such an authentic background and who is so obviously committed to Aand interested in his job.
Definitely the best Japanese for miles.

1 Thank Paula Z

Tunbridge wells
“Should close down”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Its my first week in the town and I love to eat good food. I was passing by had a look in their looked good so went in as I was hungry. The prices are high and when I tasted the food it's horrible couldn't eat much and after leaving I went another place after a while to eat again.
The environment is ok but the sushi chef is wondering in the whole restaurant with a hanker chief on is head. And by chance I had a look behind the sushi bar the place was horrible. All the stuff was scattered and no cleanness. Well obiously if the chef is wondering in the restaurant then who will cook.
I am never going there again

1 Thank John R
“Waste our money and time!!! We will not go back!!!!”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

The food is poor. Very oily. Very unpleasant. Their sushi and their sashimi doesn't taste fresh, I think supermarket much better than them. Most ended up in the bin.
If you want to put your money in the bin, go to try.
Me and my boyfriend love sushi, normally we go to Kitsu, they never let us disappointed. Just know have new sushi bar in TW, so we want to try. Big mistake, big big mistake!!!
If you like sushi, we can say"Kitsu" is the best, don't waste your money in here!!!

1 Thank Watermonth
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“Well worth eating in.”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I cannot comment on the take away service as I have not tried it, but unless you are employing a dozen santuko waving sushi chefs (and this place isn't) you are likely to experience a longer than usual delivery time if you want freshly prepared sushi. My wife and I had lunch there today. A generous portion of tempura prawns (shared) followed by equally sizeable portions each of sashimi and mixed maki did not disappoint. The food was fresh and very tasty. We finished with coconut icecream (the real deal) and an innovative 'green tea' tirimasu which was very good - all at a fair price.
As Tunbridge Wells' only proper sushi venue, it deserves a chance. We will definitely go back.

2 Thank Andrew K
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awful”
Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

Awful - we waited 1.5 hours for a delivery. We called 3 times to be told the driver was on route, then finally the driver had gone back to the outlet as the Tom Tom had 'broken' & he couldn't find us.. They offered no apology, or voucher for future orders (to try & retain our custom - as this was our 1st order with them). I had to drive to them (getting my 6 week old baby out of bed) to obtain a refund! Awful customer service & no remorse.

1 Thank SazzleSL1981