“Tasty Thai in Tunny Wells”

Giggling Squid Tunbridge Wells
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 3, 2013

After several friends recommended the Giggling Squid, we decided to try it ourselves. The service was a bit slow, but the place was packed, even on a Thursday in January - which is always a good sign.

Tasty Thai combinations accompanied by decorative presentation. My only small complaint is that the rice and vegetable dishes are all extra, but I think this is normal in such restaurants?

I went for the Thai beef salad and the other half had a tasty chicken curry, mine was rather spicy in places but extremely moorish. I really enjoyed the banana pudding - very different and surprising!

Tunbridge Wells has so many restaurants and we already have our favourites, but am sure we will be back again soon.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

i went here on the recommendation of a friend & I have to say its all very very average.
The food is ok, small portions but quite tasty. The rice at £3 for literally 2 spoonfuls was a little excessive but that can all be forgiven if you have nice service.... The staff here are really quite rude. I actually felt a little uncomfortable at their arrogant attitudes. I think thai people are the most smiley , friendly , lovely people, but in the giggling squid there is none of that , it has a air of ' we have suceeded , we are very popular & we don't have to even try anymore!!' All in all very disappointing & as you can see its very rare i write a bad review , but I felt I must about this place.

1  Thank ethan75
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I have been here twice, and once to the branch in Brighton. The food is fabulous and it's obviously a popular restaurant as it's always busy! The decor and atmosphere are nice.
However both times the service has been slow, but this could be because they are so busy.
The food is beautifully presented, but I must say I prefer the food and atmosphere of the Thai Bar (Sucheera's) just up the road, for mid-week or casual dining.
The chicken panang at Giggling Squid is delicious!

Reviewed January 22, 2013

I really don't want to be unfair but the service, or rather lack of it, meant we left before even placing our order. We were seated fairly quickly but then that was it - 10 minutes later not even the sniff of a waiter so we upped and left. There were a couple of staff trying to look after the whole restaurant and the odd food order was coming out for the other side of the room but many people were just sitting at clear tables . . . . We have been several times before and the food was sometimes good and sometimes not but we always worried that the rough sawn plank table tops were not hygenic as the remains of previous diners meals were clearly visible in the gaps and crevases. This did appear to be sorted on the table we were at and maybe so across all the tables now. We will try again at some point in the future and hopefully report on a more positive experience.

3  Thank FoodieChap
Reviewed January 4, 2013

The food at the Giggling Squid is really delicious. Lunchtime tapas menu is better value than the evening menu. Particular recommendations include the Massaman Curry, Pad thai, honey duck and, the salt and pepper squid.

We find ourselves going almost every week. There might be more expensive places in TW, but this is the one I most enjoy going to, so I guess that makes it the best!