“Great Spa weekend”

Spa Spa at The Spa Hotel
Reviewed May 19, 2014

We came here for a romantic break and booked in for two full body massages during our stay. All the staff were really welcoming and showed us round the Spa and gym. Both our therapists were fantastic and so professional, my girlfriend even decided to book herself in for a facial the next morning which she equally enjoyed. It was the perfect way to make our weekend really special. Outside the Spa all staff we met from check in to check out were great and really helpful and our room was perfect. Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a top notch break in Tunbridge Wells.

2  Thank Paul D

Reviewed May 11, 2014

I have been to a number of hotels for spa days and this was without doubt the most disappointing experience I have ever had. I drove 80 miles and took a day off work to spend the day at the hotel and it was a total waste of time and money. I had booked in for a back and neck massage and a foot massage, but when I went in, the masseuse said she could only do a full body massage and didn't know anything about foot massages. She then proceeded to sit down on a stool and rub my back for half an hour and the worst thing was that her feet smelt so dreadful that I couldn't lay with my head facing down to the floor. It was not a massage and she had clearly never been trained as a masseuse - I expect better than this from a hotel claiming to be a excellent 4 star spa hotel.

As for the foot massage, again she plonkerd herself down on the stool and began to rub my ankle, then she fell asleep!!!! I actually couldn't believe what was happening.

I asked to see the manager and explained the situation and she didn't even have the decency to apologise, she just said that her therapist denied all of it.

I was so excited for my mother's day treat bought for me by my son and was obviously so disappointed by the end of the day. I hope no one else has such a terrible experience.

BTW I tried to write a review on the hotels website and was told that you have to send the reviews to the hotel by email and they pick the ones they like to display.

5  Thank Teresa G
Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

I attended for a birthday treat gel manicure...5 days later two nails peeled off. Returned to have them redone by the "manager" 3 days later they have chipped. Utterly disappointed

1  Thank Travelbug38London
Reviewed November 27, 2013

This hotel has a really good spa. The staff are friendly . I have had a number of therapists for their massage service and they are all superb. They currently offer a 1 hour full body massage for 40 pounds which is really good value.I now go regularly. Recommend.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Went today as my boyfriend treated me and my mum to a relaxation spa day and I could not fault the staff and the service me and my mum received, then we used the pool sauna and steam room which was lovely and after our light lunch we had our treatments both had a body massage and a facial and it was my first time and my therapist was so nice and friendly I would recommend them to anyone
Can't wait to go again for another spa day.