“Great Value Spa”

Spa Spa at The Spa Hotel
Tunbridge wells
“Great Value Spa”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

This hotel has a really good spa. The staff are friendly . I have had a number of therapists for their massage service and they are all superb. They currently offer a 1 hour full body massage for 40 pounds which is really good value.I now go regularly. Recommend.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Amazing spa day going back again soon”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Went today as my boyfriend treated me and my mum to a relaxation spa day and I could not fault the staff and the service me and my mum received, then we used the pool sauna and steam room which was lovely and after our light lunch we had our treatments both had a body massage and a facial and it was my first time and my therapist was so nice and friendly I would recommend them to anyone
Can't wait to go again for another spa day.

Tunbridge Wells
“The Spa Spa at The Spa Hotel Tunbridge Wells”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Today I had an Aromatherapy Facial at the Spa Spa located in The Spa Hotel in Tunbridge Wells.
It was a wonderful relaxing experience. Charlotte is the name of the young lady who treated me and she was very professional, had a great sense of humour and most importantly was excellent at her job. I would recommend her and The Spa Spa to everyone.

Kent
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“disappointing pedicure”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I have to agree with the previous comments regarding the tired looking pool - ghastly colour brown on the end walls and dreary furniture. How about a nice, jazzy trompe l'oeil of the Med or something similar for the pool area? The pedicure I had recently was really disappointing. You have to sit on the edge of the treatment bed with feet hanging over into a plastic bowl - can't they run to an electric foot spa similar to the ones you use at home? - and considering what you pay it really isn't worth it. The hot stone massage is wonderful, but the last facial I had there was not very good. The therapist was suffering from a cold so had to keep blowing her nose, she also sneezed over me and had freezing cold hands. Why didn't she run them under a tap? The music was loud so I asked her to turn it down, but as she was Italian I don't think she understood me very well. The 'relaxation' room is not very relaxing, with very strange pictures on the wall. I don't think will visit again and only used it recently as I was given a voucher. There are other beauty places in Tun Wells which give better value and better treatments.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Doraflora
Spa2000, General Manager at Spa Spa at The Spa Hotel, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. Since acquiring the Hotel in 2007 we have invested several million pounds in a refurbishment programme and are currently working on a scheme to further improve and enlarge the spa area, however this of course will be subject to planning. However we do have a pedicure station and I have been unable to ascertain why you received your pedicure in another room. Your comments regarding the therapist have been duly noted and will be addressed.
Kent
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“MISSED OPPORTUNITY”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Have used The Spa Hotel on numerous occasions for meeting with friends etc. Have eaten there and used either the restaurant or had a less formal meal in their lounge. Meals generally very good and staff usually helpful - however there does seem to be quite a turnover and some of them do not seem to have a very good grasp of the language but one usually gets there in the end. Would really like some action in the pool department - the decor is ghastly and looks as if it has not been touched for a very long time. When one goes into the reception area one is met with an assortment of chairs which look as if they have been left over from the refurbishment of the main hotel lounge area plus a strange looking table with bar stools which again must have come from the hotel bar As far as I am aware it is the only hotel in the town that has this amenity and when one comes for a Spa Day being shown to a dreary pool with poolside loungers and chairs which are long past their sell-by date does not inspire confidence It would not take too much to update this area and make a real difference to this place .