“Disappointed”

Spa Spa at The Spa Hotel
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I booked massages for me and my two sisters as a special birthday treat. I'm sorry to say I was disappointed. The Spa itself needs some TLC and updating. The relaxation room was far from relaxing - more like a doctors waiting room, really depressing.

Two of the three therapists were 20 minutes late and my treatment was cut short. The therapist was rushed - not very relaxing for me! Me and my sister both had back, neck and shoulder massages which the brochures says to be 'deep and warming' yet despite specifying we prefer a firm pressure, we found the massage to be far to soft, definitely the softest I've ever had which is a real shame as we came out still full of knots.

The staff were perfectly polite and friendly but the quality of the massage and the spa itself were not what you would expect for the price.

1  Thank LisaCSimpson

Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Had a lovely half day spa & afternoon tea deal for my friends 40th bday! They made special arrangement for us to have our afternoon tea in the spa so we didn't have to get out of our dressing gowns which was nice. Had a back massage which the girl did well & she was v sweet but perhaps talked a bit too much when all I wanted to do was relax! Would deffo go again thou! Perhaps more comfortable loungers in the quiet room and more loungers by the pool would be nice! Staff were very attentive and friendly!

2  Thank renualt
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I loved everything! The staff were friendly and relaxed and explained the treatment before she started. Not too much talking and none at all once I indicated I didn't want to chat. Came out feeling fantastic and will be booking more treatments here.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I enrolled on the 6 personal training sessions for £100 because my wedding day was looming and I needed to get that all important flat stomach back!

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Saturday, 13th October. Attended the wedding of James & Gemma and was treated like a star, as was everyone. The Spa has gone from strength to strength whilst retaining a sense of age. People who think Royal Tunbridge Wells also think, The Spa Hotel!