“Very ill after meal”

Hop House
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 3, 2013

On Saturday 2nd November at 7pm, I had a 5oz rump steak meal with family and a friend. The meal was adequate. I did not have anything else to eat that afternoon or evening, and have been very ill since. I have been continuously sick and have chronic stomach pains.

1  Thank Jayne C

Reviewed October 15, 2013

I took my family for lunch last Sunday 13th. The place was very busy but the staff was attentive and we were quickly seated (I had reserved a table). Our meals took a long time to appear (short staffed?) but were good and hot. Monster portions, even the children's portions.
The 'host's' banter could be a little more sophisticated. (I s
All in all a pleasant experience and was value for money

Reviewed September 17, 2013

This is a gastro pub on an estate with Frankie & Benny's, Odean Cinema and Bowling. The place is clean, staff friendly and the food good value for money. Visited this place after watching a film for a late lunch. Food was hot and tasty.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Located on an estate with bowling, cinema etc we found the pub to be very quiet - only 2 other tables were occupied. The decor of the pub is somewhat tired, it is definitely in need of a refurb to sort out the peeling wallpaper etc. The service was very friendly and efficient, and they were happy to substitute a couple of things on our meals. The food wasn't the best that we've ever had though, although the children's meals were fine. My husband made the mistake of ordering the BBQ bucket, which I had once before at our local Fayre & Square and was really unimpressed with, especially as it is about the dearest thing on the menu. This one was no better and the cheaper 2 for £10 meals seem to be better quality as well as better value of course.

We wouldn't return here in a hurry to be honest but the service on the whole from the chain can't be faulted. We had a problem in another outlet which I would like to commend the F&S customer service team for how they dealt with it. Excellent service from head office, many other companies should take a leaf out of their book.

Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

The Hop House is a great place to come for cheap but nice pub style meals. There certainly isn't anything 'sensational' about the place, but what you get for what you pay, well, I think it's very hard to complain.

My girlfriend and I have been here on many occasions, including Valentines, 18th birthdays, other birthdays and various other special occasions. We've never gone home feeling disappointed, apart from the odd occasion when the dessert we wanted wasn't available anyway! lol

The staff are always friendly and helpful, but sadly the place does have a history of not having enough of them. I've often felt sorry for the understaffed team running around all evening to keep up with busy demand!

I'm actually writing this review in the outdoor area of the pub on the hottest weekend of the year. My girlfriend and I popped in for a Sunday roast, and I have to say that once again it was really nice. There are a number of bad comments on here but I don't really understand why. We've never had a bad meal here. Maybe some people just expect gourmet food at Poundland prices or something.

There is however one negative about the meal today. We're sitting outside and keep getting bombarded by flies! But I suppose it would be a bit harsh to blame the Hop House for that! lol

1  Thank Peter_Bradley