“The best sushi by a country mile”
Review of Kitsu

Kitsu
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Wow, this is an absolute Gem! It's very easy to miss this place if you don't look hard enough! On arrival my wife and I were greeted by the owners Ruby and Kai....ruby always has a smile on face and a fantastic host. We started the meal with a great selection of sashimi,nigiri and my personal favourite the saki maki wihich is tempura battered salmon. While the the prices might seem a little steep... Good fish doesn't come cheap!!

For mains we had a fantastic salmon teriyaki with noodles and a spicy chilli beef curry on rice, both dishes were perfectly executed.

This all washed down with the best bit....a Puligny Montrachet and New Zealand Pinot which I brought along as the are BYO

Reviewed February 5, 2014

After such good reviews on Tripadvisor, had to try this place out and it didn't disappoint. Went for the lunch menu and a couple of sushis, plus a side - all delicious and cooked to perfection.

If you end up at this part of Tunbridge Wells, this little restaurant is a must. We didn't have a problem in finding a place, but then again it was a mid-week afternoon, and since the place itself is tiny (about 6-7 tables) I'd strongly recommend a booking in busier times.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

Second visit to this fab little restaurant, How many people got turned away!! At least twelve while we were eating. Booking at this restaurant is a must if you want to avoid disappointment. The food is just amazing, although the menu is a little on the large side. I would recommend the chicken chilli ramen and the bento boxes for great value. The cost is really reasonable as you only pay a small corkage for wine, (currently £2 per bottle), not silly prices for bottles of overpriced wine. What this means is that they can really concentrate on delivering top quality Japanese food at a price to suit all budgets. Can't wait to return.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Having started eating Sushi while working in London, I'd been disappointed that it was rare to find any sushi restaurants in the local area. However, following recommendations from friends I tried Kitsu and it really is a great sushi restaurant. The menu size is huge, there are about 4 sides with a wide selection of sushi and also more generic hot Japanese food, a bit more like wagamamas. The restaurant inside is small and simply decorated but the service is very efficient. I tried the bream sashimi, salmon and avocado maki, spicy crab hand roll, salt and pepper squid and chicken gyoza. All the food was beautifully presented and really tasty. The bream is amazing and the salt and pepper squid was better than anywhere else I've had it. I have to say that I looked around the restaurant and everyone else's food also looked great, it's really worth coming back a few times to try more as the menu is huge! It's worth noting that the restaurant is unlicensed so you can bring your own alcohol for a small corkage fee and it's cash only. Overall, I would really recommended kitsu and I will definitely be going back myself!!

1  Thank B K
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Brilliant service with a great and very affordable platter for 2 which was a struggle to finish. Wide selection of sushi, chicken dishes and noodles. Also bring your own booze which is refreshing. However may have to book on busy evenings.

A nice family meal too