“Best sushi outside of London!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Kitsu

Kitsu
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Cash Only, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Best sushi outside of London!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

Having started eating Sushi while working in London, I'd been disappointed that it was rare to find any sushi restaurants in the local area. However, following recommendations from friends I tried Kitsu and it really is a great sushi restaurant. The menu size is huge, there are about 4 sides with a wide selection of sushi and also more generic hot Japanese food, a bit more like wagamamas. The restaurant inside is small and simply decorated but the service is very efficient. I tried the bream sashimi, salmon and avocado maki, spicy crab hand roll, salt and pepper squid and chicken gyoza. All the food was beautifully presented and really tasty. The bream is amazing and the salt and pepper squid was better than anywhere else I've had it. I have to say that I looked around the restaurant and everyone else's food also looked great, it's really worth coming back a few times to try more as the menu is huge! It's worth noting that the restaurant is unlicensed so you can bring your own alcohol for a small corkage fee and it's cash only. Overall, I would really recommended kitsu and I will definitely be going back myself!!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank B K

Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“Would highly reccomend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

Brilliant service with a great and very affordable platter for 2 which was a struggle to finish. Wide selection of sushi, chicken dishes and noodles. Also bring your own booze which is refreshing. However may have to book on busy evenings.

A nice family meal too

• Visited August 2013
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“Best food in Town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Appearances can be deceptive, this little gem is well worth a visit. Always packed and thoroughly tasty and delicious meals served. Always book to avoid disappointment. Keep up the good work Kitsu and we look forward to seeing many times in 2014!

Visited September 2013
Tonbridge, United Kingdom
“Keep coming back for more!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

The 12 miles round trip for take away lunch is always worth it. I crave my crispy salmon skin or sweet warm eel when I haven't had it for a week or so. My best find of 2013!

• Visited November 2013
“My favourite restaurant....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

3rd time I've been here. Simply fantastic and reasonably priced food. I'm sure I'll be visiting many more times in the future.