“Good food / reasonable / hold the hard sell”
Review of Kitsu

Kitsu
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Went here in May with my wife and two other couples.

It is BYOB with a reaonable corkage.

Great food and we ordered a huge selection or sushi, noodles, hot dishes and chefs favorites. Some of the hot rice dishes were a little stodgey but with a reasonable price brakcet you can expect that.

We paid £25 quid a head all in - the most value for money I've seen in TW.

It is small and you will ahve to book. Lots of people turned away at the door or just try take away!

The owner, a lovely lady from Hong Kong did try and sell us the menu too much. My advice stand back and let people order they will keep going!

TW Food King

Reviewed May 19, 2013

We've driven past this place for years, dismissing it because we couldn't imagine that there would be good sushi this far from London. How wrong we were! After checking Tripadvisor we decided to book for a birthday celebration. Kitsu is a tiny, no frills restaurant and booking is essential, but they do takeaways. We booked two weeks in advance. The sushi was lovely, wakame salad wonderful and the yaki soba way better than a well-known chain which we will not be visiting again!. The staff were efficient and pleasant. When we were ordering the waiter said that was too much food and we wouldn't be able to finish it; we took her advice and ordered less. She was right, we were stuffed and couldn't have managed our original order. Such refreshing honesty! This is our new favourite restaurant. Having to pay cash and BYO only adds to the great value offered by Kitsu.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Not sure how we missed Kitsu for so long but it has definitely jumped up to one of our favourite places to eat in Tunbridge Wells.
Without a doubt the best / freshest sushi anywhere in the UK (even better than many Tokyo places). It's all about simplicity,except of course for the menus, which take some practice getting used to!
Great atmosphere, great service, unexpected location and great value. Love it.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Having to been a lover of fish up until a month ago I am now a true Sushi lover due to this fabulous restaurant. No license so bring your own drinks and not very big so book early.....but let me tell you this is the best food I've eaten since Clare Smyths food at Gordon Ramsey's samples 5 years ago! Truly fantastic tasting food with brilliant, warm, friendly and helpful service. Seriously I can't recommend this restaurant strongly enough......with one proviso !!! I know that adding this to all the others means this place won't stay secret very long and it will be a nightmare getting a table......these guy's have been looking for over a year now for a larger premises and they truly deserve one......just magnificent and I looking forward to my sixth visit in three weeks tomorrow night at 8pm........hmmmmmmm :0)))
Simon

Reviewed May 7, 2013

An established classic - a small and simple restaurant serving great food with great service - a real family atmosphere. Forget the "chain" Japanese, Kitsu is the real authentic taste of Japan.