“WOW !!! just the most amazing food I've tasted in Tunbridge Wells”
Review of Kitsu

Kitsu
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Having to been a lover of fish up until a month ago I am now a true Sushi lover due to this fabulous restaurant. No license so bring your own drinks and not very big so book early.....but let me tell you this is the best food I've eaten since Clare Smyths food at Gordon Ramsey's samples 5 years ago! Truly fantastic tasting food with brilliant, warm, friendly and helpful service. Seriously I can't recommend this restaurant strongly enough......with one proviso !!! I know that adding this to all the others means this place won't stay secret very long and it will be a nightmare getting a table......these guy's have been looking for over a year now for a larger premises and they truly deserve one......just magnificent and I looking forward to my sixth visit in three weeks tomorrow night at 8pm........hmmmmmmm :0)))
Simon

Reviewed May 7, 2013

An established classic - a small and simple restaurant serving great food with great service - a real family atmosphere. Forget the "chain" Japanese, Kitsu is the real authentic taste of Japan.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

This is a small quirky restaurant with no frills, you can take your own wine too.
The sushi is made to order and is amazing and the price is so reasonable- cant believe I've not fou d this before!

Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

I'm sat here, right now in Kitsu with a fabulous selection of food! The sushi, the bento boxes are fabulous. Authentic Japanese without the chaos of wagamama, and better food. We loved it! Shame they don't do cards as we only had limited cash which limited our quantity of food!

Reviewed April 10, 2013

This is possibly the best Japanese food I have ever eaten. I am luckyenough to have been to Nobu in London (just the once) and think this unpreposessing gem delivers just as much in terms of taste.

Having lived in Tunbridge Wells for many years, I am heartborken to say that I only discovered Kitsu last night. It is so low key, you just don't notice it.

Once inside, the staff really coudln't be more friendly and helpful.

They can guide you to their specialities or help you navigate the various styles of dish.

We asked them to bring us what ever they recommended equivalent to a two course meal and enjoyed the aroma and sounds of our food being freshly prepared.

The maki and tempura were sensational. The seared salmon negr exquisite. The noodles were delicious.

It was also lovely to be able to take our own drinks.

All in all - 10 out of 10. Kitsu is well worth travelling for (free car parking after 6pm in the car park opposite).

1  Thank Adam W