Stayed on a Friday night so that we could eat in TW. We had a traditional executive room - a bit -1980s Laura Ashley in style, but generously proportioned with a huge if oddly arranged ensuite. Although on 2nd floor overlooking the rear and some ominously large extractor fans, we were blissfully unaware of any noise even with the windows open. The hotel seems to be having a bit of an identity crisis. Some parts are very traditional grand/country house hotel styled like the lobby and dining room. However this is completely contrasted if you go to the only public bar - this is styled a champagne bar more akin to a Russian vodka club. Some of the older guests who brought their papers to read in the bar looked distinctly out of place. The oddity continued with some ear torturing loud jazz music over breakfast in the trad surroundings of the lofty dining room (surely some quiet string quartet music would have suited the guests better - or is the choice of music really a way to keep the staff happy?). Great breakfast buffet although coffee pot was small for two of us and what is the reason to provide such microscopic portions of butter? A mystery to us!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 18th century mansion is situated within 14 acres of beautiful gardens and grounds, just a short walk from the town centre. Facilities include 70 bedrooms, spa and leisure club, contemporary bar and award winning restaurant, ample free car parking and wifi. The Hotel has undergone significant, sympathetic refurbishment since it was purchased by the Scragg family in 2007 and is now the Hotel of choice in Royal Tunbridge Wells. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your The Spa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Hotel Royal Tunbridge Wells
- The Spa Hotel Royal Tunbridge Wells, Kent