A group of friends arranged for a spa weekend here to celebrate a friends birthday and for what we paid i really wasnt expecting a lot...
Upon arrival i was very surprised at how grande the place was as the decor was surprisngly really nice. Our room was huge, compared to what i am used to, as i have stayed in a fair few english hotels in my time, so this was a bonus. Very clean and tidy and to my surprise a decent hair dryer, not one of them cheap nasty ones that you would usually expect. The bar is decorating in a very lovely way. We decided to have a few cocktails and some chips before heading to the spa where the girls had treatments. Cocktails and chips were yummy and the staff very tentative, although, this did slip later when some friends food took stupidly long and an order taken down incorrectly, which was a shame, seeing they seemed on form at the start of the day.
I didnt have a treatment myself, so cant comment however the girls thoroughly enjoyed their treatments and it definately made me envious that i didnt book one. Used the gym, which was nice and cool, and the steam room and sauna would be what you would expect, smallish but do the job.
We had a private room for our birthday dinner and omg the food, again to my surprise was delicious. We were heading out on the town last night so didnt want to eat too much, which wouldnt usually bother me, but this time it did as the food was lovely. I had the soup to start and a fish rissotto which was soooo tasty. The staff were amazing and couldnt be of more service. We left there very content and even when we returned at the early hours a staff member kindly went on a mission to find me some sauce for my chips :-) which was much appreciated.
Slept like a baby and went down to a beautiful dining room where the breakfast all looked lovely. i would only ever had cereal and a naughty pain au chocolate and some juice, but all was very nice.
I will definately be visiting this hotel again and i really cant understand how there are soo many quite negative reviews....well i certanly enjoyed myself here :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 18th century mansion is situated within 14 acres of beautiful gardens and grounds, just a short walk from the town centre. Facilities include 70 bedrooms, spa and leisure club, contemporary bar and award winning restaurant, ample free car parking and wifi. The Hotel has undergone significant, sympathetic refurbishment since it was purchased by the Scragg family in 2007 and is now the Hotel of choice in Royal Tunbridge Wells. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Orbitz so you can book your The Spa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Hotel Royal Tunbridge Wells
- The Spa Hotel Royal Tunbridge Wells, Kent