“Excellent excellent excellent”
Review of Rendez-Vous

Rendez-Vous
Cuisines: European, French
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Rendez-Vous is a relaxed brasserie-style eating establishment. We prepare all our dishes using locally sourced ingredients. Open for lunch and dinner.
Reviewed August 10, 2014

We travelled to Tunbridge Wells to visit this restaurant on recommendation and wow what can I say. It was definitely worth the journey the staff were so very friendly and welcoming the ambience was in keeping with the name and the food was exquisite. This really was a lovely day out topped off with a fantastic meal and I would have no hesitation in recommending to my friends and family. We will certainly be visiting Rendez-Vous agin in the very near future.

Reviewed August 10, 2014

This charming little French brasserie has been much-praised by my French mother, so it seemed a great place to host a family lunch yesterday. Happily, my mother was spot on in her review.

The menu was pleasingly varied - there is a home-made burger if you want to keep it simple - but it was the specials board that grabbed our attention, with my dad choosing Turbot and my eye being drawn to the Moroccan Lamb Tagine. Sadly, my nut allergy intervened there, so I plumped for the classic Steak Frites, served with garlic butter, which was very tasty. For dessert (always my favourite part of the meal!), I opted for a lovely platter of five different treats, including creme brulee, home-made ice cream, and a spicy ginger cake. The friendly owner, Mark, also kindly agreed to substitute the nutty chocolate brownie with a tangy slice of lemon cheesecake.

I'm not a drinker, but everyone complimented the wine selection, and the final bill was less than £20 per head, so it was a thoroughly enjoyable meal. I look forward to coming back, and trying some more of the ice creams!

Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

wow! Great food, small restaurant & good service. Good variety of food on the menu and also daily specials. Friendly staff and a great way to spend an evening !

Reviewed August 1, 2014

Rendez-Vous is the perfect place for a meal. The ambiance is just what is needed for a relaxing, enjoyable time, either for a romantic meal for two or a party for friends.
The menu is ideal and the specials board has some great additions.
The staff are welcoming and friendly and not pushy.

Reviewed July 25, 2014

This is a small bistro with tables on a number of levels. Firstly the staff were friendly helpful and the young lady "on her first night" did brilliantly (very sweet).
Good attentive French influenced service. We were left to chat a while not hassled to order drinks or start the meal,
As we were a group, we were offered a limited menu my only complaint being one of the few choices was minute steak, not a dish easily presented as the steak is unexciting usually.
Started was fish cakes, nicely presented with pleasant sweet dressing plus a celeriac coleslaw, which was good. The fish cakes were a tad too under seasoned and lacking in texture /flavour for me, but that's being a tad picky.
Main course sea bream with an interesting selection of dressing and fruit and peppers, plus a mash with spring onions. Mash well prepared and no lumps, well done! Sea Bream was nice could have eaten more.
Desert a meringue with cream and a sweet fruit compote at it's base, a lovely desert, although I prefer my meringue chewy, this was a bit too crumbly for me.
I always check toilets, this one had clean beautifully presented toilets.
I looked at the main menu, lots more and interesting choices, nog easy to do a fair assessment of the menu as our was limited, I usually choose the hard to cook dishes to test them, not available on this occasion.
Overall a nice experience god staff not at all expensive and worth a further visit!

2  Thank Hoppityskip