“Great French Restaurant”
Review of Dame Tartine - CLOSED

Dame Tartine
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The staff told us that they had been open since the beginning of June - so relatively new. The food is an interesting (and successful) evolution based on the French tartine with excellent toppings and side dishes.
ENGLAND
“Great French Restaurant”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Visited Dame Tartine for a lunch on Wednesday with my daughter in law and 1 yr old grandson.
We were very impressed with the service , food and ambience of this restaurant.
We both had the tartine and dauphinoise potatoes, absolutely delicious.
Would definately eat here again when in Tonbridge Wells and can recommend it as
tres bon !!

• Visited February 2013

london
“A good place for lunch”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We had lunch at Dame Tartine on a Saturday when passing through. We were impressed - not too busy (because though very central it is set back from the main shopping area). Pleasant french cafe interior, quick service, pretty good food (Toulouse sausages a bit bland but the Tartine was good). Fair prices. Efficient service. A good option.

• Visited February 2013
“An excellent restaurant.”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I dropped in at late lunchtime on Sunday but only for coffee and pastry: no fuss about that. The very helpful French staff were polite and friendly, in a natural way. The pastry chosen was pear and almond tart and the coffee was a creme. I was asked whether I wanted the English or French version of the creme and got the French one, served with the milk in a small jug. The tart was accompanied with clotted cream and a liberal scattering of sugar. The cup looked as if it had come from a pottery in Normandy, in pale pastel colours, but was in fact made in the UK. The coffee was the best I have had in T Wells.
The restaurant itself is a fairly recent conversion near the Victoria Centre, in a modern, unfussy style with a wide choice of table sizes.
I felt so good about finally trying this cafe that I'm hoping to have my birthday gathering there this year. Très comme il faut!

tunbridge wells
“Misleading with special offers”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Was looking forward to eating here on a Monday night especially as there was 50% off food, however we soon discovered when the bill came that is was maximum of six people which was not written on the menu and i was told it was on the website ! it was in very small print on the board which i could not even read.
The food was average undercooked potatoes and overcooked souffle i would not rush back

• Visited January 2013
christophe l, Owner at Dame Tartine, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback. I'm afraid all our promotions are clearly stated everywhere, we have 4 boards in the restaurant and 2 outside stated that the 50% off is maximum 6 people, it says as well on our website. We gave you a discount of £78 t of your total bill. It bring your average spend per person of £18 on that night for a starter, main course , dessert and a drink. I think it is a very good value for money in Tunbridge Wells. Regarding your complain about, I'm very surprised about it, i did the check back myself and I didn't receive any comment from you at this time.
I'm very sorry that your evening was as not enjoyable as expected, at Dame Tartine we try to satisfied every customer.

Your sincerely

christophe
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“Delicious tartines, benefitting from a 25% discount”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We had the pork, apple sauce and blue cheese; and ham and Emmenthal tartines, with pommes boulangers, salad and a 1/2 litre of (good) house white for lunch today. With 2 coffees this came to just over £26.00 courtesy of the 25% discount. A perfect antidote to the cold outside. The restaurant was busy and buzzy and sufficiently French in character to feel we had escaped from the frost, snow and car-scraping. The tartines are filling (and quite rich) so we wouldn't want to eat them every day but Dame Tartine makes a happy change from some of the other eateries. The staff appear continental and are efficient and friendly.

• Visited January 2013