“a little treasure!”
Review of Max's Genuine Italian Food - CLOSED

Max's Genuine Italian Food
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: This restaurant is a real gem - as it's name suggests, genuine Italian food, really delicious and a nice atmosphere.
“a little treasure!”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Food homemade, authentic and always delicious!
Dont worry that the cafe is small and dont moan about it, that is its strength! Max is just interested in turning out good quality food and this he doest! It gets busy so best to book. Warm, welcoming and interested in their customers!!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank KBW175

Crowborough, England, United Kingdom
“Best Coffee in TW”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We have been 3 times and it gets better and better. The coffee, well, tastes like coffee and is worth the visit on its own. The 'toasted' sandwiches, the ciabbata, the cooked lunches are all freshly prepared and superb. You can also buy all the italian 'necessities', wine, oil, salami, cheese on the premises. The cakes and pastries also look fantastic but we are often too full to try.The owners are charming and delightful. It does get busy though. Don't walk past.

• Visited September 2012
“good Italian fayre”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

very good home-cooked Italian food & nice wines. Friendly, homely atmosphere. Good for a quick lunch.

Visited June 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fab little place!”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I took my partner here for a meal last night and can categorically say that the food and wine outclass every Italian in Tunbridge Wells. This is a deli type cafe that is only open two nights a week for evening meals but it is so worth booking a table for a Thursday or Friday. True it doesn't have the visual glitz and glamour of a chain restaurant in the interior stakes and it is particularly small but the service and food/wine make this place stand out.

The wine was smooth and delicious and we ordered a large antipasto (main) to share as our starter which was absolutely mouthwatering, for mains I had the spicy meatball and saffron rissotto and the partner had the duck pappadelle from the specials board and I finished my meal with the tiramisu, all excellent and the service was friendly and warm unlike so many restaurants in town.

Myself and my partner eat out a lot and being a keen cook myself am often dissapointed by a lot of meals which I am served and I wouldn't step in to tasteless chain restaurants like ASK and Prezzo ever again as to me the meals served are somewhat flavourless and the entire experience reminds me of glorified fast food, Carluccio's always leaves me cold too. This place is all about the food and flavour and I would recommend it to anyone.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank GluttonTW
“Genuine - food and welcome!”
Reviewed July 2, 2012 via mobile

This is a great place for lunch or dinner. Food always excellent - try the specials. We recently enjoyed duck tagliatelle which was wonderful. This tiny restaurant should never change!