“Wonderful venue, wonderful service, wonderful food.”
Review of Palio - CLOSED

Palio
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: As one of the few independent Italian restaurants in Tunbridge Wells we aim to serve authentic Italian food, produced in house, using the freshest and best quality ingredients, locally sourced, when possible, in a clean and friendly environment, to make it a "bella" experience
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We recently hired the restaurant for an early Christmas work party, and I have to say I couldn't fault Renzo and the team. They couldn't do enough to make sure we had everything we needed and the prices were so reasonable. We had an incredible buffet for over seventy people and there was so much food everybody was stuffed. The staff are so accommodating. They even cleared the tables and chairs and put on some disco lights so we could all have a boogie! From start to finish of the booking they were so helpful and gave a first class service. If you want an authentic Italian that isn't all about pizzas then this is your place. Thank you!

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Yesterday I had the honour to be invited along with about 50 other regulars to Palio's 7th birthday party. They provided us with a complementary prosecco a magnificent three course buffet and music on the house. I have never come across a restaurant that has done such a thing for its customers. They are a wonderful team who have worked together for many years and make us all feel part of the family. I can not recommend them highly enough.

Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

We have only just discovered this great Italian restaurant and have now been twice in one week. The food is wonderful. There is a huge choice all was great .The beef stroganoff was
excellent. The pizza's at pastas all great too. Friendly staff great atmosphere. Can't wait to go again.

3  Thank Lulu1313
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Went early on a Tuesday evening for my sisters birthday. We had my young nieces with us plus my teenage son. The food was delicious, huge portions and exceptional value for money. Service was wonderful, made to feel very relaxed and, even though there were only a couple of other people in the restaurant with us, it didn't feel empty. We took a birthday cake which was brought out with candles and a guitar-playing, singing waiter - fabulous! Apparently this very same singing waiter features quite heavily during service on a Friday and Saturday night - we will definitely return to experience this!
Wonderful evening - thank you all at Palio!

Reviewed October 3, 2013

We had a Discovery tasting menu gift, and chose this restaurant as it was the nearest to us. We weren't sure what to expect, but thought that we might get some small plates of food.

As it turned out we had 5 starters, 5 mains and 5 desserts. These were not small helpings, and were more than enough for the pair of us. All of the food was of a very high quality and the service was excellent. I will definitely go there again. I only wish it was closer.