“Best indian food in Royal tunbridge wells”
Review of Cochin Marine - CLOSED

Cochin Marine
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: This buisness is closed now
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“Best indian food in Royal tunbridge wells”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

The best Indian food I had in Royal Tunbridge wellsl I tried other Indian food joints but it was very
disappointing cause i didn't find any Indian taste . Fish curry & beef Chilly you should try

Ticehurst, United Kingdom
“a cut above other indian restaurants in the area”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

The food offered at the Cochin Marine is simply fantastic. My wife and I have now eaten here 4 or 5 times over the last few years and it seems to have gone from strength to strength. It is lovely to see an Indian restaurant that doesn't dull down their food to suit the English palate; it stays true to what it is and delivers on flavour and spice in a way that not many others do. The chefs should absolutely be commended for this.

Alongside this the restaurant itself is charming in an unpretentious way, and we have always been made to feel very comfortable.

Add to this the fact that the bill comes to half of what it should and in my eyes you have a close to perfect experience.

Keep up the good work!

• Visited November 2013
Tenterden, United Kingdom
“I'm afraid I agree with the last reviewer”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Was interested in the comments of the last reviewer. We've been going to Cochin Marine for many years through quite a few ups and downs. It had been going through a good phase I thought but our last meal at the beginning of October was disappointing. A couple of dishes notably the Kathrika were pretty terrible. I wonder if there is a new chef or maybe the regular chef has been on holiday. I really hope it's just a blip as good South Indian food is so hard to find.

Kent, United Kingdom
“Used to be excellent, now it's awful”
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

I've eaten in this restaurant many times I fact it has been my favorite Indian restaurant in tunbridge wells for years. I'm not sure if tonight was an off night but my word was it bad tonight. I ordered beef in chili sauce which was more like a Chinese dish than what you would expect. Keema naan used to be excellent, now it misses the lamb aside from a tiny sprinkling, popadoms only come with mango chutney and mint yogurt. Prawn dish contained 5 prawns. Just not good enough.

Not a patch on how it was just a few months ago. Whether it's new management or just an off night I'm not sure but I'll not be returning until I hear that it's back to the excellent food that I and my friends have com to expect.

A real shame

1 Thank Jellotriafra
Tunbridge Wells
“fantastico cibo!”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I am from Italy. I used to eat Indians in Italy but this was very much better. The location is very intimate and the staff are very kind. Un saluto to Joshy.