“"Under new management" will be a welcome sight!”

Frankie & Benny's - Thanet
Ranked #130 of 195 Restaurants in Ramsgate
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Birchington, United Kingdom
“"Under new management" will be a welcome sight!”
Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

I frequent f&b regularly, 1 - 2 times a month, as I met and catchup with a friend for lunch or breakfast. I know how we'll it can be run and how good the service can be.

The last time I was in with my wife, meeting a couple of friends for brunch. During our visit, the manager was shouting at the cook/s about wasting eggs from behind a patrons' table whilst they were still eating! The coffee machine was putting out watery coffee (source: I ran a coffee shop for two years, I know what coffee should be) and the condiments holder was disgusting. This at the start of the day, near enough - the place is going downhill and looks like its being run by a tyrant who has no respect for customers ambience.

Sort it out.

• Polish first
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Poor service”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Fab menu, lovely bar and restaurant and the atmosphere is always great. Food pretty average and service on the few occasions i've been here has been very poor, especially school hols and weekends - we only go back because the kids love it!!!

Visited October 2012
Kent
“dont know how to make toast”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Went for sunday breakfast. Wish I hadnt bothered. Twice I asked for toast. In the end the waitress said she would do it herself. That must have meant getting 2 slices of bread out of the packet. I had 2 poached eggs on bread. Can you imagine. Was like eating pulp. My grandaugher had the kids meal minus the bacon which she wanted, but in hindsight it looked like streaky on others plates. I will never go there again. It was a toss up between here and MILES in Ramsgate. Just wish I had gone there as thdy know how to toast.

• Visited January 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disgusting never go !”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Went here with boyfriend sat night really busy got served raw chicken could not believe my eyes !! Sent it back kicked up a fuss and the chief throw a folk at me police were informd terrible terrible !

Ramsgate
“Lovely place, good service, awful food.”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Frankie and Benny's is without a doubt a good-looking restaurant, inside and out, and the waiting staff were very good on our two visits, six months apart. The food, however, is just the standard reheated-from-frozen rubbish that you expect from a UK chain restaurant. In F&B's case though they must think it's a bit special as they charge an awful lot for it.
Uninspired, dull starters and mains, hard vegetables, and the usual boring cheap-but-made-to-look-expensive desserts. It was even more disappointing as I'd expected to see some real barbecuing going on at the very least.
Not recommended in the slightest.

• Visited September 2012