“Lovely staff, tasty food”
Review of Surin Restaurant

Surin Restaurant
Ranked #46 of 203 Restaurants in Ramsgate
Cuisines: Cambodian, Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 25, 2013

It was very quiet in the restaurant - when we arrived we were the only customers, and a couple of other small groups arrived whilst we were eating.

The food was very tasty - we had the mixed starter (which was really good), vegetable pad thai (probably the best thing we ordered!), red chicken curry and jasmine rice. The food was made to order, and tasted great. I would definitely eat here again.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

We opted for a lunch set menu. The Tom yum soup was tasty though mostly populated with button mushrooms and bits of unusually textured chicken. The main was noodles with shredded beef which looked like food plonked on a plate with crumbled peanuts but worse than that it must have been only flavoured in sugar. I picked out the beef as a cow had died for me to eat it but would not go back again or recommend eating he re. We weren't rushed out of the door and the food was served in a timely manner. The waitress was courteous.

1  Thank lisaquake
Reviewed April 18, 2013

My husband and I were drawn in by the offer of Thai, Cambodian and Laos food, the latter 2 which we had never tried. This was misleading as the menu was purely Thai and they only had one special of each of the Cambodian and Thai.
Overcoming the disappointment we leapt into the Thai menu starting with thai fish cakes and chicken satay both delicious.
We both had seafood mains with pak choi and garlic rice. All well cooked and tasty.
The service was very efficient and friendly.
I'd say if you want good Thai food then Surin is a good place to go but don't expect anything more adventurous.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Great service, always full, has a great reputation for great tasting authentic food that they more than live up to.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

One of the best meals I've eaten for ages. And I make a point of visiting good food guide recommended restaurants whenever I can.
Wonderfully tasty dim sum to start, then a special of sea bas with baby asparagus in a thai penang sauce. Not cheap at £25 ( including a gin and tonic) but I would go again in a hearbeat.
true, the decor doesn't match the stunning food. Which is why it's not busier. But I go to restaurants to eat the food, not look at the wallpaper.