“Another perfect stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ramsgate
Glendevon Guest House
Ranked #1 of 9 Ramsgate B&B and Inns
Philadelphia
“Another perfect stay”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

We consider ourselves very fortunate to have such a great B&B to stay in when we visit Ramsgate. We have been staying here for a number of years so we can say with confidence that hosts Charlie and Rebekah continue to maintain extremely high standards for comfort and cleanliness, not to mention serving up the most wonderful breakfasts. We also appreciated the reliable wi-fi service in our room. It is no wonder Glendevon rates tops among guest houses in Ramsgate.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Michael A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
London
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I invited my girlfriend out for one night to get away from London. The place is only a few min. away from the harbour. We arrived and had a welcoming greeting from our host Rebecca. After “checking in” we have been shown to our room. It was a very clean room with a pleasing décor. Rebecca was very helpful in recommending what we can do for the day. She is a walking tour guide with many great ideas.
We spend the evening enjoying the harbour and had a great Thai dinner in the “Surin Restaurant”. I have to say that this was the best Thai food I have had in my life and I do work in the F&B industry.
After a good night sleep we enjoyed a great breakfast. I can especially recommend the fresh homemade bread and the large selection of homemade jams and marmalade. This breakfast was exceptionally good.

Thank you for a great stay. We will come again

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MattmanLondon
Hucknall, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 26, 2013

This is long overdue (only because I could not navigate the system!) We have stayed here twice and have booked for 2014 as well. This is a 'home from home' with such great attention to detail and genuine concern for the well-being of their guests. I had the misfortune to take a fall, and Rebekah drove me to A & E in Margate after 1am in the morning (No, I was not drunk. I do not drink, but have a balance problem!) I was more concerned that she had to be up to do breakfasts etc in a few hours. Charlie's scrambled eggs are to die for and the food is absolutely superb. The locally sourced marmalade is absolutely unsurpassed. Nothing is too much trouble, and you are made to feel so special. Many hotelliers could take a leaf out of their book. Well done Charlie and Rebekah.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 761joc
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Welcoming, and very helpful hosts. Great breakfast that kept us going all day. Appreciated the fast WiFi. Convenient location meant minimal use of the car required. Fully deserving of this top rating.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kovlb
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Fantastic and welcoming hosts Charlie and Rebekah Great guest house very clean ,couldn't have been better , highly recommended .best breakfast that you could hope for loads of choice .location is also good close enough to ramsgate town centre few minutes walk and very close to sea .I was shown the family room which is beautiful with a great sea view .
Beds in twin room were so comfortable had a great night sleep and all the facilities were there for self catering would certainly book again .

Room Tip: Ask your hosts
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

This is one of the best guesthouses I have stayed in!

I was warmly welcomed by Charlie and Rebekah who are a lovely and friendly couple. They were kind enough to help me store my safely before showing me to my room.

My room was modern, spacious, very clean and comfortable with all the amenities you would expect from a very good guesthouse. The bathroom was also exceptionally clean with good shower and bath facilities excellent. The guesthouse also has good WiFi access and a good selection of books and movies to borrow

Rebekah and Charlie are an excellent source of information for local attractions and were very helpful in providing me with maps/books/leaflets.

I slept well and was greatly impressed by breakfast. Rebekah even bakes her own bread and has a good variety of jams to go with this - well worth trying :)

I would highly recommend this guesthouse, it is an absolutely perfect retreat and I will come back.

Thank you for a perfect stay!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Jyc23
Billingshurst, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 1, 2013

This was a very last minute trip for My Husband & I, along with our 9 year daughter. Very last minute was our daughter's friend, who Rebekah managed to squeeze in too!
Both Charlie & Rebekah are so helpful and informative about what is happening daily and places of interest to see. That whilst fully filled up by lovely English breakfast which is locally sourced and fresh bread made by Rebekah.
Lovely homely feel to this B&B, I'm now planning a girls break with my best friend, sisters and Mum!
They work so well together and make a brilliant team.

Room Tip: Quiet room heard no noise from either up or down stairs.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family