Glendevon Guest House
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Ramsgate
See available hotels
The Oak Hotel(Ramsgate)
  • Beachfront
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
The Yarrow Hotel(Broadstairs)
Royal Albion Hotel(Broadstairs)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshomemade breadself cateringb bfair tradewonderful hostssmall kitchenkitchen facilitiesbeautifully cooked full englishvisit ramsgateset you up for the dayhome away from homewithin easy walking distanceshort walk to the beachfantastic breakfasta great sea viewa stones throwfeel so welcome
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We stayed at this fantastic Guest House for a week this month. We were a party of five, which included two boisterous young children, and I cannot speak too highly of the welcome we were given by Rebekah and Charlie. Over the course of a long life I have spent many holidays in both small Guest Houses and large hotels, including four and five star hotels. I can honestly say that Rebekah and Charlie surpass every one of them in the warmth of their hospitality and the care they take to ensure the comfort of their guests. They truly like people and it shows! I must add my quota of praise to all those already received for the wonderful breakfasts, the very best I have had anywhere. We ate out some evenings, but on some of them we used the very well-equipped kitchen and had dinner in. There is absolutely nothing wanting, so thoughtfully is the kitchen stocked with all the utensils one could possibly need. We had Room 4, which I can thoroughly recommend. The beds are comfortable; there is ample storage space, and the kitchen/sitting/dining area make it an ideal venue for a family. There is a good view of the sea from the windows in both rooms too!

Room Tip: I can only speak for room 4, which is indeed a flatlet. I would highly recommend this for a family, as I have already mentioned.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We just got back after spending a week in the Glendevon Guest House. We previously stayed there two years ago and this visit was even better than before! The hosts, Rebekah and Charlie are absolutely amazing, and can't do enough for you. The place is spotless, and their breakfasts are to die for and really set you up for the whole day. We stayed in room 4 again, which has a big bedroom and lounge/kitchen area. It's handy if some nights you don't want to go out, so you can cook and stay in. After we put kids to bed we could watch a DVD and have a glass of wine while enjoying the sea view, bliss! The location is really good too, short walk to the beach and to the town centre. I travelled with my partner, his mum and our 2 little boys and we all had a great time. This guest house and its hosts are the best, you won't be able to find anything better, and we can't wait to go back for the third time!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2013

One of if not the best places I have stayed in. Very welcoming, great accomodation and a breakfast to die for. Thoroughly recommended. If I am ever back in Ramsgate then I will make sure I stay there. Charlie and Rebekah were perfect hosts.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Perfect accommodation for a weekend away in Ramsgate. This place is spotless - clean, modern, with a nice sea views... and Rebekah and Charlie are so friendly and welcoming! Well done to you both & your staff. This place deserves its status of being the best in the area. Highly recommend to any traveller.

Room Tip: We stayed in room number 4 - spacious, with plenty of storage, high ceiling, big windows (sea view!), nice design...in addition - adjacent kitchen/dining room where we did cook & test most of the equipment (all works well). Would recommend to couples or families - excellent room
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Stayed here a number of times and will do so again in the future,
Super friendly, super clean, super efficient and super breakfast.
Both long and short stays are good - I've done both.
Travelling from Germany and going to Wales this is a secret tip for an overnight. Well placed for the motorway, not too far from Dover.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family