“Excellent digs”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ramsgate
Glendevon Guest House
Ranked #1 of 9 Ramsgate B&B and Inns
“Excellent digs”
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Two of the nicest hosts you could ask for, very informative on all of the area, Charlie and Rebekah have a very clean tidy house and our stay was one of the best we have had in a long time. We will definitely visit here again, perhaps with our grandchildren as they can accommodate all walks of life. A really nice break, in an area, I had not visited before.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Linda L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Madison, Alabama
Reviewed March 20, 2013

You won't find anywhere better. I have stayed here a number of times and plan to stay many more. I couldn't ask for better, more comfortable or cleaner accomodations, all at a reasonable price. Rooms are all of good size, with fantastic facilities for being self catering. It's within easy walking distance to the town, train station, busses, and the sea. All of this AND 2 of the friendliest, kindest hosts you could possibly wish for. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Rebekah and Charlie's guest house to anyone, whether for a short stay or longer visit.
Beverley

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms. Vary in size and number of people they will sleep but whether you overlook...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Beverley G
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 7, 2013

excellant service went out of their way to be polite and helpful
rooms were tidy with a kitchen so you could make inot a self catering holiday
sea views if you look out in the right direction, and if your not you can have a cracking sea view as you go through the front door, only 200 yards rom the beach

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

My aunt was coming to Ramsgate to celebrate my Fathers surprise 80th birthday & planned to stay in Ramsgate for a week, the Glendevon was recommended by friends as THE PLACE TO STAY IN RAMSGATE. we were not disappointed . From the minute you walk through the front door both Rebekkah & Charles welcome you like family & make you feel totally at home. The rooms are spotlessly clean, spacious & have every thing you could possibly require. My aunt had the best time ever & is already contemplating her next visit. The biggest surprise is the more than competitive rates.

Well done to both off you & good luck for the future, not that we feel you need it.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Fraserburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Excellent in every way, Charlie and Rebekah are a couple of stars, helpful in every way. We have stayed a few times due to family visits and do everything they can to ensure a happy and stress free time. Facilities are first class and are spotlessly clean. John and Grace xx

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 15, 2012

What more can be said?
We had a 5 night stay and enjoyed every second of it. We felt more like we were staying with friends than a B&B.
I'm Vegan and both Charlie and Rebekah made me feel most welcome and at home. Nothing was too much trouble. At breakfast I had my own home made bread, my own soya milk and my own soya spread. I came away with a lovely recipe for the bread and details of where to buy the ingredients, plus what was left of the 2nd loaf that Rebekah had made for me. Needless to say it didn't last long once we got home.
When Rebekah found out that I am newly Buddhist she directed me to some books where there was actualy an overview of Buddhism.
We had the room at the top of the house, but the climb up several flights of stairs was well worth it. The room was clean and well furnished, we had a separate kitchen with cooker, fridge, freezer and microwave, as well as a table and chairs. The bathroom was spacious and well appointed with an eco shower that was really good.
We were given vouchers for the day trips that we had planned, and advice on directions and other places to visit.
There are many more local places that I'd love to visit so a return to the Glendevon is most likely on the cards,

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

My fiancé and I stayed here in June for the first time and will definatley stay again. Our room was big and very well decorated. We had everything we needed and the breakfast was perfect. I had informed Rebekah we planned to cycle and she even provided us with a route map. The hotel It is in a great location. We were informed of good places to eat, one of which being a Belgium bar. We enjoyed our evenings in there as it had good food and atmosphere. Thank you again for a great stay and we hope to see you again soon!

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple