The Oak Hotel
$88
$75
$56
Royal Harbour Hotel(Ramsgate)(Great Value!)
$88
$79
$78
$117
  • Breakfast included
The Falstaff, Ramsgate(Ramsgate)(Great Value!)
$121
$118
Pegwell Bay Hotel(Ramsgate)(Great Value!)
$103
Travelodge Ramsgate Seafront(Ramsgate)(Great Value!)
$56
Travelodge
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
The Yarrow Hotel(Broadstairs)
$117
$105
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsno liftroom allocatedcafe next dooroverlooks the seawedding reception venuethe nearby car parklovely hotelthursday eveninghelpful friendly staffnearby multi storeyair conwould stay here againharbour sidenoisy at nightwarm weatherrecommend this hotelfirst morning
Reviewed September 15, 2012

I have mixed feelings about this hotel, it has a great location and some staff are friendly others are average. The room was a bit small but had a nice bed and a big tv. The air con was broken so on the first night it was very hot and could nt sleep but it was fixed the next day. The breakfast is nice but not filling, I asked for a full english and only got one of each item. We came back from breakfast at 9:30 to find that the maids were in our room, so we had to wait for them to leave so we could get dressed.
It is very close to the harbour which has a great view and the hotel is near the town which has loads of great shops to choose from.
The facilities are quite good in the room which include the basic hairdryer, kettle, tea and coffee etc.
But if we were asked if we would stay here again, we wouldn't be sure..........

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2012

A lively well run harbour front hotel in a good location.
The hotel has a very good pub style restaurant and a more upmarket fish restaurant.
Not all rooms are of the same size and grandeur so its a good idea to ask when making a booking.
The only draw backs are the lack of parking facilities on site and there is no lift inside the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front can be rather noisy on friday and saturday nights
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Expotel, Manager at The Oak Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Thank you for reviewing the oak hotel.

The Oak Hotel is fortunate enough to have a great location, but as consequence, we do not have the space for a private car park. We do recommend the local multi storey with reduced priced 24-hour tickets exclusive to our hotel guests.

We are pleased you enjoyed the hotels amenities.

Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

I couldn't fault this hotel in any way. We turned upto our hotel at 9:00 and check in is at 2:00, we was greeted by very friendly reception staff that took our bags and put them in a safe room as we had a prior arrangement. The room was very clean and cosy, but a bit hot (only complaint). Breakfast in the morning was very good and the service was on par to that. The bar staff where also very good

Overall i was pleasantly suprised by the excellent service and attentive staff and would highly reccommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank rascal75
Expotel, Manager at The Oak Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2013

Thank you for the excellent review.
We are thrilled to read you would recommend the hotel.
The hotel are privileged enough to have a good team of bar staff, reception staff, chefs and restaurant staff who all take pride in their work & ensure customers needs are met.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

The hotel is situated overlooking the harbour and very close to the beautiful beach. When I first arrived at the hotel I was a little disappointed to see that the outside of the building had flaky paint and my first impressions were not great.

I arrived at 12 noon and I thought I'd try to check in, even though official check in wasn't until 2. The hotel was fully booked so unfortunately I couldn't get into my room but the receptionist was very helpful and said I could leave my bag with her whilst I went to grab some lunch. The reception was simply a desk in a rather small hallway so no great impressions to be had just yet!.

But all initial reservations about my choice of hotel were instantly dispelled when I arrived at my room. It was spacious, clean, well decorated and the en-suite bathroom was spotless and well decorated. Some hotel bathrooms look tired and mouldy but this looked like it had just been fitted - 10/10.

I had a room on the second floor which overlooked the harbour - lovely view. The room was well equipped - hospitality tray, TV, hair dryer and plenty of storage space. The security in the hotel was very good, to access to the rooms you needed a key card so this keeps people out who shouldn't be there. The bed was very comfortable - the pillows were a bit on the solid side but there were plenty of them.

Breakfast was available in the adjoining cafe but I didn't partake in this so cannot comment on the food quality I'm afraid.

There was only one thing that I need to point out which may deter guests and that is the noise levels from the nearby clubs / bars. The revellers seemed to spend a lot of time on the street so there was a lot of shouting and high spirits drifting up through to my room. The music and noise continued until the small hours - 2 / 3 am so if you are easily disturbed then you are advised to ask for a room at the back of the hotel - but then you miss out on the lovely view.

There is no parking at the hotel and street parking works out to be quite expensive. There are plently of nearby cafes and bars for those looking for a meal or a few bevvies.

I would recommend this hotel for a short stay in Ramsgate - good central location, near to the beach and harbour, shops in the town centre leave a little to be desired but then Westwood Cross is only a couple of miles away which is a typical out of town shopping / entertainment park.......probably the reason for the demise of the town centre.

Room Tip: Goods views from the front of the hotel but quieter ones at the rear
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for your review of the hotel.

We are pleased that you found your room spacious and clean. We have a very committed housekeeping team who strive to keep the hotel in a good clean condition.

Concerning the comments about the noise, unfortunately we struggle to control the amount of noise from passing trade ect however, the reception team should be making all guests aware at the time of booking that sea view rooms are affected by the passing night trade. Please accept my sincere apologies if you were not informed of this.

We hope this does not deter you and should you be visiting Ramsgate again in the near future you return.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

My room was paid for as part of a job training meet-up and my stay was very pleasant. The bed was really comfy, the overall look of the hotel is very cosy and nice, and en-suite bathroom was high quality. They sell toothbrushes/toothpastes at good prices in case you forgot your own. Would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your comments, I am thrilled your enjoyed your stay here at the hotel.

We would be delighted to welcome you back to hotel in the near future.