The Oak Hotel
$59
$116
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Royal Harbour Hotel(Ramsgate)(Great Value!)
$97
$90
$78
  • Breakfast included
The Falstaff, Ramsgate(Ramsgate)(Great Value!)
$110
Pegwell Bay Hotel(Ramsgate)(Great Value!)
$102
$70
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Ramsgate Seafront(Ramsgate)(Great Value!)
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
$88
TripAdvisor
The Yarrow Hotel(Broadstairs)
$105
All reviewsno liftroom allocatedcafe next dooroverlooks the seawedding reception venuethe nearby car parklovely hotelthursday eveninghelpful friendly staffnearby multi storeyair conwould stay here againharbour sidenoisy at nightwarm weatherrecommend this hotelfirst morning
Reviewed April 29, 2012

I stayed in the hotel with 3 friends for a hen weekend on 28th April and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Would also make for an excellent place to stay for couples and families. Good sized room (family room) with pull out sofa bed, very clean and nicely set out. All the staff were very helpful and accomodating. Great location, right on the seafront! The 2 ladies who served us in the breakfast room were brilliant, really lovely and made us feel very welcome, even put some hen night balloons on the table for us and laid it up lovely to make it a special breakfast for the bride to be! Thoroughly enjoyed our cooked breakfast, it was well needed!!! Thank you very much for making our stay so enjoyable!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Expotel, Front Office Manager at The Oak Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Thank you for such an encouraging & lovely review.

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay here with us at the Oak Hotel. It was our pleasure to help assist in making breakfast special for the bride to be.

We hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Hotel Management

Reviewed April 1, 2012

Have stayed in the oak on many occassion, and will be there again at easter.A beautful location on the harbour front only minutes from a huge lovely beach. The rooms can be fairly tight spacewise, but are very clean, as are the en suites. We have always found the staff to be very helpful and friendly. The bar area is nice and spacious with a good selection of drinks and a good well priced bar menu. The breakfast here is very good with a good selection of food to get your day going.

Room Tip: Front rooms can be a little noisy because of nearby late night bars in the area.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Expotel, General Manager at The Oak Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

We are always happy when customers rebook and use our facilities repeatedly.

We are fortunate to have lovely views of the Royal Marina and to be minutes away from an award-wining beach.

We do offer a range of rooms, some of which are smaller in size and less in price, we do have more spacious rooms available if requested, our reception team are always happy to discuss room requirements.

We are very proud of our locally served food, drink offering, and receive many good comments regarding our breakfasts.

We look forward to welcoming you on your next stay.

Reviewed March 20, 2012

After checking the location and reviews I knew weekend party noise was a problem. I was delighted when a member of the hotel rang after booking to point out that my room was on the front and it would be noisy.

Our room was spotless and had a lovely view of the harbour. The reception staff were wonderful and were a treasure. Breakfast was fantastic but dinner in the Atlantis was average possibly let down by a chef who didn't plan.

We really enjoyed our stay but yes, it was noisy,noisy,noisy at the front. If you are staying at weekend request a room at the back

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am very glad you enjoyed your stay with us, but I am disappointed that you found your meal in Atlantis to be average.

We pride ourselves on serving quality fresh local food in both our kitchens, when speaking to you on check out you mentioned you felt that the crab & smoked salmon terrine was too cold, you suggested the chefs should have removed it from the fridge earlier.

After speaking with the head chef, unfortunately due to the kitchens being a hot environment this would be a risk to food hygiene, therefore this particular dish needs to be served at a cold temperature.

We are pleased you enjoyed the rest of your stay with us and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed March 1, 2012

I stayed here last summer! I am disabled and I need extra pillows! When I confirmed the booking I was assured there would be more pillows in my allocated room!
When we checked in! I ask the girl at reception about the pillows, I was told that the room had been let! Then we was asked for full payment, this must be the only hotel that takes the payment up front!

The room was ok! It was clean a bit on the small side! The main problem we had was being kept a wake for most of the night be the fridges humming all night long!

We also found some of the staff quite rude to the point of being arrogant!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Mark E
Expotel, Manager at The Oak Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2012

Thank you for you for taking the time to review the hotel. I am disappointed to hear you did not have a satisfactory stay with us.

I ask you to contact the hotel to discuss further the matter of your check in.
We allocate rooms on the day of arrival unless guests request for example a first floor room or one with a bath. You comment at check in you had been told the room had been let, I am concerned to know if you were allocated to higher floor as a result of not being allocated the room you specifically requested in advance If this is the case the matter will be taken up with the reception team & please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused.

We do have a comment section that we use often to provide the housekeeping time with extra information that is relevant to the guests requests, Please accept my apologies if we had not placed extra pillows in the room before your arrival this may have been an oversight by the housekeeping team. We have now taken action to highlight in colour these comment boxes on the housekeeping sheet to help bring the information to their attention. Whilst I appreciate, you had taken the time to ask in advance, A member of the reception team would have been more than happy to assist in providing you with extra pillows on the day.

Concerning payment, each hotel has their individual policies with taking payment. After reviewing our system and looking closely at other policies, we amended our system to take payment at the time of check in, or a pre authorisation to allow guests to post items to their personal bills

With regards to the staff being rude, I was very staggered to read this comment. We often receive on a daily basis very good feedback from guests commenting on the friendliness of the hotel staff. All staff are currently taking CPL training in numerous certificated courses one of those being customer service, to help all staff maintain top service at all times.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed March 1, 2012

please, please,please don't listen to the last review !

can't fault this hotel, me & my partner booked in on 16th feb. the food at the Atlantis restaurant was fantastic. we had lunch plus our all our evening meals there for the whole of our stay(Delicious). plus the prices for the food was very reasonable,

reception staff, bar staff, restaurant staff, were all very helpful & friendly.

1: room with harbour view (perfect)

2: lovely, modern bar (relaxing)

3: atlantis restaurant (Delicious food)

well definitely be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple

Wow thank you for your superb review.

It gives us great pleasure to read your kind words & even more pleasure in knowing you had an enjoyable stay here with us at the hotel. Our head chef in Atlantis especially will be pleased to read your review.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Hotel Manager