Pegwell Bay Hotel
The Oak Hotel(Ramsgate)
  • Beachfront
The Yarrow Hotel(Broadstairs)
View Hotel
All reviewsthe pubacross the roadwedding venuesir stanley greysea viewevents managerfunction roomlovely hotellarge car parkwedding receptionsandwichkippersthe cliffweekend breakdefinitely stay here againup to datecomfortable bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 19, 2011

The service was faultless from the first welcome at the reception desk to everyone else we met. We had booked at the last minute but our room had a sea view and was equipped with everything you would need. There's plenty of (free) parking space at the hotel. We love the location and enjoy the walk along by the sea to Ramsgate, and the hotel is well placed for visiting more of Kent. Loved the Sir Stanley Gray pub - how great is that, having an underground corridor from the hotel! Staff at the pub so friendly and helpful. Can't wait for the next time we stay here.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
PegwellBayHotel, Manager at Pegwell Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2011

I apologise for the delay in responding to your review, and thank you for taking the time to leave us some feed back.

We are really pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will be planning a trip back to our lovely area of the world again soon.

Reviewed June 6, 2011

We had 8 weeks to plan our wedding and thanks to Becky at the Pegwell our day was perfect. The venue is in a beautiful location with great staff who are willing to go the extra mile.

• Stayed: September 2010
PegwellBayHotel, Manager at Pegwell Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2011

Ah, looking at the pictures i know exactly who has written this lovely review!
Thank you so much for your kind words, it was truely a pleasure being involved with your special day and we hope you have some fab memories to go along with the stunning photos you have of the day! :-) x

Reviewed May 26, 2011

My partner and I have stayed at the Pegwell 3 times in all and have a weekend planned for Whitsun as it is my Birthday! What can I say about the Pegwell ?? Its charm the staff the service and location excellent!!!! In my opinion 3 star does not do the Pegwell justice it is 4 - 5 star in our opinion! Wonderful location and view an easy walk to Ramsgate and the Harbour - lots of places to get a bit to eat and of a good standard. The beautiful views from The Pegwell Bay is one of the treasures of staying there and the Sir Stanley Gray a tunnel from the Pegwell leads to this old smugglers pub! How wonderful! Thank you Pegwell for always making our stay a real pleasure!!! Fran & Winston

Room Tip: We always like to have a sea view
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Fran1956
PegwellBayHotel, Manager at Pegwell Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2011

Good Evening Fran,

thank you so much for such a lovely review. We are absolutely delighted you have enjoyed your past stays with us so much, and really look forward to welcoming you back for your birthday celebration!

Kindest Regards
Becca

Reviewed May 25, 2011

I have been booking The Pegwell Bay Hotel on behalf of our company for business since the beginning of the year and I have nothing but praise to give to this hotel. The girls who work Front of House are an absolute asset to the hotel, Becca, Katie and Cherry, nothing is ever to much trouble, they are efficient and friendly and extremerly helpful both when booking rooms and welcoming guests to the hotel, so thank you!!!
The tastefully decorated, spacious and comfortable rooms have been very adequate for our directors and operators staying at the hotel and cleanliness is second to none. i look forward to using this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank LianneMammoet

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

I am so pleased that both you and your guests have found our reception team to be so welcoming. We hope we can continue to be of assistance with your companies reservations.

Kindest Regards
Becca

Reviewed May 16, 2011

I was with a golfing group of 14 who stayed at this hotel for three nights in May. This group has been to this part of Kent for many years. Last year we were told that our usual hotel was being converted into flats so we were forced to find somewhere else to stay. I can only say " thank goodness". I can't really compare the two hotels as the last one was so bad. Here the staff were excellent and always had smiles on their faces. We stayed on a half board basis. The breakfast menu was excellent, even offering porridge and kippers as well as continental and full English. We ate in the dining room every evening, three courses with coffee or tea afterwards. The quality of the food was first class. After dinner we usually went over or under the road to the adjoining pub which was again very good.
The room that I had was not large but perfectly adequate for me. It had a double bed, flat screen tv with Freeview channels, tea and coffee and an excellent shower. I have travelled extensively worldwide for work using good hotels but seldom had towels as good as I had here. I was also enough lucky to have a sea view. I can only thank the hotel for the way that they looked after us and say that we all look forward to returning next year.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
PegwellBayHotel, Manager at Pegwell Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us!
We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with and are looking forward to seeing you all again next year!