“Great Night! Great Food!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Flavours By Kumar

Flavours By Kumar
Ranked #5 of 194 Restaurants in Ramsgate
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: An authentic Indian Restaurant opened by a renowned Indian chef Anil Kumar. Food for me has always been an adventure. My aim is to convey my passion for Indian cuisine in a way which gives you a taste of perfect Indian dishes. I hope you enjoy the taste of our Indian cuisine of the Indian subcontinent. We are open daily between 12pm-2.30Pm and 5.30Pm-10.00Pm
Ramsgate, United Kingdom
“Great Night! Great Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

This was our first visit and was prompted when booking to see if it was a special occasion, it was as it was John's 60th! Table for 4 on a Sunday evening. We arrived a bit late but no problem! Birthday banners & sparkles on the table! Complimentary drink to start along with little puff balls which you popped in your mouth! Lovely! Menu simple as not pages & pages, which I prefer. Still a great selection. I had Gosht Makhani - the lamb! Lovely! We placed our dishes in the middle and everyone could have a taste of the other dishes. All dishes great! We also had another complimentary little soup dish before our main! Shouldn't have bothered with the pompudoms! Along with drinks everything reasonably priced too! Food was the best that I have tasted in an Indian for a long time!! Staff very nice too. Place was busy...

2 Thank JuneRichard

Ramsgate, United Kingdom
“Future Problems At Flavours By Kumar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014

This is our second visit and we felt the food on the menu had a slightly different twist to the normal run of the mill indian restaurant. Food superb and well presented and when this place is well known in the future problems will be trying to get a reservation and all the menu reasonably priced as well congratulations to all the team well done.

“Excellent Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014

I have waited a very long time for a restaurant of this calibre to come to Ramsgate. The décor is plain, but the friendly staff make this a welcoming place to be. The food is exceptional and if, like me, you're a sucker for those little unexpected extras, you won't be disappointed. For a quality lunch that is outstanding value for money, Flavours gets my vote.

London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014

Unexpectedly stumbled across this gem on a quiet Monday evening. Upon entering the restaurant I was immediately impressed by the thoughtful decor, cosy ambience and open kitchen. I was even more impressed by the courteous staff and that the chef actually greeted all patrons at their table and discussed the menu. The menu itself, whilst small, was refreshingly different and focused upon the use of different spices rather than just piling on the chilli (admittedly some may find this approach a little bland), I personally found it refreshingly different. The food was wonderfully well prepared and cooked, and all at very reasonable prices. If you want to experience an Indian restaurant that diverges from the usual "curry house" try Flavours by Kumar.

1 Thank Michael M
London, England, United Kingdom
“Hit & miss :-(”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

I've had 2 of THE nicest Indians I've ever had in this place & yet 2 average take aways. Our curries were completely tasteless & watery when ordered to take away. They can't charge this reasonably expensive rate for average curry.
It's with such a heavy heart I write this because if u experience it in the restaurant it's amazing & there attention to details is second to none.
I just think that there take aways will ruin there good reputation.

• 3 of 5 bubbles