“Great food. Great service.”
Review of Ogata Yosa - CLOSED

Ogata Yosa
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Decided to try this new Japanese restaurant on a Friday night. The decor is modern and light and we were greeted by a very nice young man who looked after us very well. There were only 3 couples in the restaurant but the atmosphere was good. We both had bento boxes and they were both excellent. The food was fresh clean and well presented. Excellent value for money at only £40 for the food a bottle of house wine and 2 beers. This restaurant deserves to do well. Well worth a visit. Can see it becoming our favourite!

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Simply amazing, very quick service. Awesome food, I recommend the Ogata Bento and the Chicken Katsu Curry.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Been here twice now and enjoyed it massively on both occasions. I had the vegetarian ramen and spider-crab maki this time round and it was delicious. Well worth seeking out.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We visited on a Saturday evening and it was not exactly heaving with people, although there were several occupied tables. The reception was friendly and the surroundings very pleasant. The menu is varied and we took ages deciding what to have, having worked out that we could not manage a bit of everything! They were out of the sherry that I had ordered but I was happy to choose something else to drink.

I agree with another reviewer that the price for sake is pretty astronomical, bearing in mind that I can buy a bottle of it in Waitrose for under £7, but this was a meal out and a treat, so we had it anyway (and it was lovely).

The food itself was wonderful, the bento box I ordered was more than adequate even for my enormous appetite and the variety of flavours made every mouthful an adventure. Lack of dessert was a bit disappointing but our Japanese friend, with whom we were dining, did mention that they did not really go in for desserts, so that was fine. All in all, we will most definitely be going back again (or will order food for delivery). Having been pre-warned, we took enough cash to pay but the restaurant now has a card payment machine, so that will make it far easier for diners.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Never eaten Japanese food be for but as a new restaurant in Ramsgate thought we would give it a try.Very very nice as i'm not a etxpert on Japanese food all I can say is the food was very fresh tasting and very fast to the table, a new experience and a very nice one hope this place gets enough business to make it a lasting edition to Ramsgate