“Great food, BYOB”

Fa's Diner
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Fa's Diner can be found in the centre of Ramsgate, just a short walk from the seafront and Royal Harbour. Our food is true to Thai recipes, we pride ourselves in keeping the dishes as authentic as possible making them zesty, fresh, clean tasting and often spicy. Please don't worry if you're not used to hot food, as all of our dishes are freshly cooked they can be made to be quite mild, however, if your taste is on the spicy side, tell the waiters and they will ensure your dish comes to you in true Thai style. Many of our ingredients are locally sourced, we try wherever possible to use local traders and local produce, the chef can often be seen in the local green grocers and butchers selecting the meat, vegetables and herbs to be used that evening.We are a BYO (bring you own) restaurant so please bring your own wines and beers, we supply the glasses and ice. We do offer a selection of soft drinks. Whether you visit us as a novice or as a seasoned Thai food diner, we will always strive to exceed your expectations. Please try to book your table in advance as we are often fully booked!
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I'm not a huge fan of Thai food but my husband is, and he loved the food here. You can bring your own wine and they'll provide an ice-bucket, so it works out extremely good venue for money. It was still open in May when we visited.

Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

Food was lovely. It's a bring your own alcohol type establishment. Not sure how long they will be able to keep their lovely cream carpet clean ! Looking forward to going back.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

We were told about Fa's Diner my a friend who said the food was amazing! And it was true, we ordered a starter which as amazing and 2 red curries that was all made fresh! The restaurant does not sell alcohol however this added to the charming character of the place! You could bring your own alcohol! However we ordered soft drinks! The owner was the host and made us feel very welcome and came over for a chat! He is a really nice bloke! I must admit I have been to many Thai restaurant's all over the world and the food here was by far the best! I will visit again and will also bring my family from wales here next time they visit! Amazing!

Reviewed April 25, 2014

This was the first time to this restaurant last night which can only be described as a hidden gem
We had been looking for an excellent Thai restaurant in Thanet and now we have found one
We were met by a lovely host and his Thai wife it is obvious they enjoy their job as they have an excellent rapport with their customers

We had an excellent meal all reasonably priced. Excellent use of spices, served piping hot. No complaints whatsoever. We left feeling very full and happy
We would definitely visit again

Reviewed April 22, 2014

I booked a table at Fa's Diner on a Saturday night, after reading the reviews on here. I wasn't disappointed.

I have to say that I wouldn't have given it a go if it wasn't for TripAdvisor, as the outside decor and name don't really do it justice.

I wasn't aware that we couldn't buy alcohol in the restaurant, although we were told before we sat down so we could pop to the Morrison's around the corner - we saved a lot of money by doing this!

The food was great, the service was attentive and the atmosphere was nice and relaxed.

When the bill came I was shocked, we must have been charged take away prices because it was so cheap! We gave a 50% tip, although bringing our own booze may have helped us with this decision ;)

I look forward to returning to Fa's Diner and wish there was somewhere like this that was local to me!

1  Thank Lucy H