“Lovely food with a lovely view”

Royal Harbour Brasserie
Ranked #29 of 204 Restaurants in Ramsgate
Cuisines: Mediterranean, British
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We serve fresh local seafood in a relaxed environment with stunning views we also serve Breakfast all day and brunch plus private hire and weddings. the brasserie offers meat and vegetarian dishes plus vegan dishes. we have a huge sun terrace to accommodate our clients plus free parking outside the building
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We went to this restaurant and were not disappointed. The staff were extremely friendly and the food delicious. If not sure about what's on the menu the staff were eager to explain and knowledgable about the food. View great across ramsgate harbour , though this was a sunny August evening!

1  Thank Nicko120

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Nice food and great location at the end of the harbour wall. Only negative was the outside area. The steps up to the restaurant and outside area were rather scruffy and would benefit for a bit of attention. Inside looks great though.

Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

If we hadn't been told about this place we would never have gone, it looks very run down from the outside, no obvious signs with opening times or sample menu.
The staff were very welcoming chatty and attentive.
The menu has very little choice and is overpriced.
The brasserie itself resembles a cafe rather than a restaurant. Paper table mats etc. you would expect more for the price if the food.
I had dressed crab with a strange sort of pickled vegetable salad, very overpowering.
Two of my party had ribeye steak, both said it was cooked to perfection but nothing to accompany it but a few sliced potatoes.

All in all this could be a great eating place, some refurbishment is essential, paint work, toilets etc.
The food is really nice, just not enough. And quite expensive.

Also note, steep steps to the restaurant.

1  Thank simone h
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We've eaten at this restaurant several times now. The food is not awful but it is hugely overpriced . It suffers from great views and probably the best location in Ramsgate, which makes you presume you're in for a treat but sadly the service is just not on point... you can wait forever to be greeted or give your order and at the end when you just want to leave, paying, that usually proves annoyingly lax. They seem to confuse 'relaxed service' with ineptitude, which in turn makes for another irritating visit. Its a shame, they really need to up their game to justify their prices. The chefs food is mostly mediocre (such a yoke that royal connection), mean and tired which again , leaves you smarting when the bill arrives. It wouldn't take much to make this a real pleasure to visit...if not, by the autumn, when they'll need to rely on local business, I dont think
youll be able to review this place. They really should visit Wyatt and Jones or Bon Appetit

2  Thank snorkster
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We had lunch here. The best the restaurant offered were the views. The menu was very limited. Whilst it is not the best food I’ve eaten, neither is it the worst. My husband had the plaice which was very nice. My daughter opted for the pate which was very ordinary. I chose the smoked haddock and poached egg with a sauce. It looked very bland on the plate and tasted bland on the palette too. The portions were small too with no side vegetables or garnish. I was still hungry and helped myself to my daughter’s side bowl of chips (they weren’t good either). At about £15 a head for lunch it is overpriced in my opinion, even taking into account the great location. Because I tasted the plaice my review pushed this up to 3 stars. I would go again for a drink perhaps, but not to eat.

2  Thank dianahoohar