“Good food, little over priced.”

Royal Harbour Brasserie
Ranked #32 of 195 Restaurants in Ramsgate
Cuisines: Mediterranean, British
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We serve fresh local seafood in a relaxed environment with stunning views
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Good food, little over priced.”
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

If we hadn't been told about this place we would never have gone, it looks very run down from the outside, no obvious signs with opening times or sample menu.
The staff were very welcoming chatty and attentive.
The menu has very little choice and is overpriced.
The brasserie itself resembles a cafe rather than a restaurant. Paper table mats etc. you would expect more for the price if the food.
I had dressed crab with a strange sort of pickled vegetable salad, very overpowering.
Two of my party had ribeye steak, both said it was cooked to perfection but nothing to accompany it but a few sliced potatoes.

All in all this could be a great eating place, some refurbishment is essential, paint work, toilets etc.
The food is really nice, just not enough. And quite expensive.

Also note, steep steps to the restaurant.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank simone h

london
“wasted opportunity”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We've eaten at this restaurant several times now. The food is not awful but it is hugely overpriced . It suffers from great views and probably the best location in Ramsgate, which makes you presume you're in for a treat but sadly the service is just not on point... you can wait forever to be greeted or give your order and at the end when you just want to leave, paying, that usually proves annoyingly lax. They seem to confuse 'relaxed service' with ineptitude, which in turn makes for another irritating visit. Its a shame, they really need to up their game to justify their prices. The chefs food is mostly mediocre (such a yoke that royal connection), mean and tired which again , leaves you smarting when the bill arrives. It wouldn't take much to make this a real pleasure to visit...if not, by the autumn, when they'll need to rely on local business, I dont think
youll be able to review this place. They really should visit Wyatt and Jones or Bon Appetit

2 Thank snorkster
Kent, United Kingdom
“Great views”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We had lunch here. The best the restaurant offered were the views. The menu was very limited. Whilst it is not the best food I’ve eaten, neither is it the worst. My husband had the plaice which was very nice. My daughter opted for the pate which was very ordinary. I chose the smoked haddock and poached egg with a sauce. It looked very bland on the plate and tasted bland on the palette too. The portions were small too with no side vegetables or garnish. I was still hungry and helped myself to my daughter’s side bowl of chips (they weren’t good either). At about £15 a head for lunch it is overpriced in my opinion, even taking into account the great location. Because I tasted the plaice my review pushed this up to 3 stars. I would go again for a drink perhaps, but not to eat.

2 Thank dianahoohar
thanet
“Overpriced but a lovely location”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We had visited here before but only had coffees, not food. The location, at the end of the harbour arm, is just beautiful. The outside terrace is great for hot summer heatwaves having both harbour views and views out to sea. The outside tables are tired and the torn and spikey sun umbrellas a safety hazard, but I think there is refurbishing on the cards.
We ordered paella each which was being freshly cooked and we were told it would be 15 minutes which was fine by us. There were not many customers (Friday lunchtime) and the service was friendly and attentive. The real disappointment was the food - not much of it, no niceties (such as bread rolls or garnishes), served on cold plates and certainly not worth the £15 each that we paid. Such a shame as we were full of hope that this would be a good venue for an upcoming family treat.

2 Thank thanetians
Ramsgate, United Kingdom
“Not Impressed”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Very disappointed as the location has amazing views of the harbor but the food was a let down. I ordered the mussels to start an i must say although they were very big the sauce was one of the worst i have tasted. There was no bread served with them which most restaurants you go to offer and i was not supplied with a bowl for the shells or finger bowl. My husband and i both ordered the special which was paella and when it came out it the rather small plate consisted of one overcooked piece of chicken,rice and very small mussels. Again we were not supplied with a plate for the shells and we had to put them on the table.
Th waitress came to the table and asked if everything was ok and my husband said not really as we had no prawns ,chorizo or squid in our paella and the portion was very small. The waitress after speaking to the chef advised us the it was the chefs interpretation of the dish, when i asked her the price of the dish as it was not on the board i was advised it was £15 and i confirmed the dish was not worth this amount. On the second trip to the kitchen the waitress came back and asked if we wanted something else or the price of our mains would be taken off of the bill. The waitress also advised us that we had the last of the paella so that maybe why ours was not up to standard. Unsure why the chef or manager was not able to come and see us, and feel that his comment on the website that Rick Stein is his inspiration having eaten at Rick Steins i think maybe he should try eating there.

3 Thank shirleyw w