“understanding the idea”

Royal Harbour Brasserie
Ranked #32 of 195 Restaurants in Ramsgate
Cuisines: Bar, Seafood, British
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: We serve fresh local seafood in a relaxed environment with stunning views
Ramsgate, United Kingdom
“understanding the idea”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Having studied various reviews,some dubious, i feel i have to defend this establishment,as a lover of good food and an understanding of the idea of the owner,If you expect silver service this is not for you,if you enjoy food cooked to order and not held in a hot cabinet for 2 hours, this is definatly for you.It is a place that has opened under the threat of a recession and is finding it a challenge to which it is rising above,the food is imaginative and gets your tastebuds bouncing!maybe you might think it a little pricey,but what price a view as beautiful as anywhere on our shores, rather than a London Restaurant looking at little more than the table opposite and a painting on a wall!! NO CONTEST. 80P for a glass of water,no way, a jug of iced water with lemon and 6 glasses Free! Understand the idea,and enjoy.

2 Thank alan r

Broadstairs, Kent , UK
“Dont bother dissappinting”
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Oh dear what a shame with what could be a superb restaurant. My starter prawns with chilli and garlic -fresh mmm questionable. I had the lobster linguine it arrived in a small cereal bowl which was chipped I hasten to add a couple of pieces of chewy lobster all for £20 when we questioned the price was told lobster is expensive. Chose a bottle of white wine from the limited choice unfortunately not chilled enough. Staff not knowledgeable with the menu not knowing the specials of which there were only 2. To sum up a dissappinting visit poorly presented and poorly cooked food will not recommend or return :(

2 Thank JackieBarr12
Broadstairs, United Kingdom
“Great Brunch - Wonderful Views”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

A very windy Friday and we head out to Ramsgate pier to try this new Brasserie that we have heard is good. The position is wonderful, just to sit there looking out to sea and also the harbour view. We were all very impressed with the food. I had a MLT, which is a Mackeral, lettuce and tomato which was so lovely. A party of five people, we all chose something different. ie.. mussels, full English and haddock. All were very pleased. Coffee was excellent. The service was very good and I would highly recommend giving this place a try. Was surprised to hear some negative reviews. We had a jug of tap water and I did not think we were charged. That is annoying I agree, it happened to me last year and I have not been back to the restaurant on principle. If you are ordering tap water you will also be ordering and paying for everything else, so it should be good customer practice I would have thought. We will definately be going back to The Royal Harbour Brasserie that is for sure.

1 Thank helenwadd
Cranbrook, United Kingdom
“Unique setting, great food.”
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

This was my first time, to this brasserie and I was not disapointed. The place is positioned in a great location, looking out to sea, at the end of the harbour with the waves crashing against the side, and I loved it's rustic look. Inside it was a buzz of chatting, with live background music played on a piano. This was a Saturday lunchtime and the place was busy, but we were attended to within a short space of time. I had a lovely glass of the house red 'Cotes du Rhone' with some wonderful nibbles, then smoked Haddock as the main with one of the best Tart de tatin to finish.
The chef's background includes launching the Turner gallery restaurant in Margate, and cooking for the Queen, so I felt in good company.
If you visit the area, take a stroll down the pier to this place.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank myscimitar
“Disappointing”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Disappointed to say the least. We found portion size to be abysmal, especially in relation to prices, poorly presented and poorly cooked . No vegetables or salad came with the dishes ordered and the waiting staff did not enquire as to whether we required side dishes when taking our orders. Although staff were friendly enough the service was very poor, I do not expect to see plates being placed by leaning across another person when there is room to go behind. The restaurant itself has great potential as the views are stunning but we will not be going back.

1 Thank Karen R