“Nice to see the building open again”

Royal Harbour Brasserie
Ranked #25 of 201 Restaurants in Ramsgate
Cuisines: Mediterranean, British
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We serve fresh local seafood in a relaxed environment with stunning views
Reviewed February 21, 2013

A lovely place to sit and watch the english channel, or over the harbour of Ramsgate .
Service was good, menu pretty good and drinks not badly priced.Five of us and a baby,most had tea or cola, with cakes, standards very high, one of the crowd had salmon toast and egg, smelt good to........ Baby needed to be changed ,facilities not so good had to change her on a shelf,but freezing cold in the toilets.Will visit again on a summers evening to try the wine.....

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I really really want to write a good review but I'm struggling. Location is stunning, decor brilliant, but the service, cleanliness and food and food presentation disappointing. Such a shame, I hope it's teething pains, but the fish and chips were soggy, sandwich ok and kids food again ok... No garnish, just fish and chips or sausage and chips, no peas, salad, bit of parsley on a massive white plate, with a couple of chips (pretty rubbish chips actually, kinda school dinners type) and soggy batter. Such a shame. The restaurant wasn't busy, most people just having drinks, so no idea why it took over an hour to get a sandwich, 3 fish and chips and a kids banger and chips?
Come on you lovely looking restaurant, pull your socks up!

Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

I had heard a lot of good things about the ramsgate brasserie. So we decided to go there for lunch.

There were 6 in the party and the service was poor. There was an old guy that seemed to be workinf on his own and despite being a nice guy it was just too much for him.

The food was good but overpriced. I know the location is amazing and views spectacular but to pay. £6 for an average scrambled egg on toast is a bit much.

We also took our 16 week baby and the changing facilities were non existent and freezing cold. We won't be going back. Which is a shame!!

Reviewed February 19, 2013

We visited on Saturday 9th February for brunch. After being seated the first thing we noticed was that the table was sticky, as was the table next to us. After ordering our food we told the very young waitress that the tables were very sticky and she bought us 2 highly scented wet wipes and gave them to us to wipe the tables ourselves. Needless to say the wetwipes were BLACK when we finished - if the front of house is this bad it made us wonder what the kitchen may be like? This is not good for business and was extremely disappointing after reading about the restaurant on the website. Surely it's not too difficult to spend half an hour before opening cleaning the tables properly and training the staff on how to keep the tables clean?

Reviewed February 19, 2013

This was the second time I have visited and today, as last time, the food was really really lovely and prepared with care.

I had Aidy's Jerk Chicken which was superb and had just the right amount of spice. So full marks for the food.

Décor was brilliant, helped along by the amazing views on three sides which is really worth going out there for. It's ever so slightly addictive, distracting me from my food!

Bad points, as with many other reivews on here, comes with the service which was just plain bad. I'm not going to mark down this great place because of it as I think it still deserves the 5 stars just for the experience but Adrian really needs to sort out the staff issues.

There was a lack of confidence in the service, with waiting staff dithering and the front of house manager not delegating or finding staff jobs to do in-between serving such as checking to see if we were ok and happy.

Best part of the appalling service was the hilarious waiter who (tried) to serve us. I think he might be new but seemed unable to write very fast, unable to hear us and didn't know the menu at all. When I ordered the Jerk Chicken he replied "we do that do we?" Really brightened up my day! At least he was very friendly! no idea what he was doing though but I have a feeling it was a first shift.

Will be coming back because of the amazing food and comedy of such disorganised service.