“Such a shame :-((”

Ranked #24 of 202 Restaurants in Ramsgate
Cuisines: Mediterranean, British
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We serve fresh local seafood in a relaxed environment with stunning views
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

I really wanted to find the best in this experience but it was hard
In entering the atmosphere and general feel of the place was great with amazing views

That us were anything positive ends!!
On being seated the waiter took our drinks order and then went home. After 15 mins I went to the bar myself. The new waitress was very apologetic and comped the drinks. If that was the end all would have been fine
We placed our food order and both dishes arrived promptly. My guest had fish stew which was amazing unfortunately I ordered the platter which was awful
To be honest it looked like stuff the chef had found in the bin and scattered on a plate
Then having cleared our plates nobody came to ask if we wanted dessert or coffee we were just left there
Finally having complained again our bill arrived

If this place is going to be successful they need to sort out the service

3  Thank B111y

Reviewed February 2, 2013

This unique location has been taken over by Adrian - a well-known and popular Ramsgate chef, who has returned to the town after running the Turner Centre restaurant. A brisk walk (or drive!) to the end of the pier (plenty of parking) brings you to a dining room with unparalleled 360 degree views over the town and across the English Channel - yes you can see France on a clear day! The menu is strong on locally-caught fish - a 'Specials' Menu showing the catch of the day. Breakfasts are excellent - 'proper' sausages from Brogdale, field mushrooms and sauté potatoes among the delights. Veggies are well catered for too. Drawbacks - well the service is still 'shaking down'. However, the staff are enthusiastic and super friendly. Dogs and children are welcome - toys available for the former! Food is still a little variable but time will certainly iron out these early wobbles.
Live music is on offer on occasions and a super pianist (with his guide dog accompanying) play on Saturday lunchtimes.
A delightful and enjoyable experience. The fifth star will follow very shortly, I'm sure! Nearly forgot - there's a cracking terrace outside with fabulous views. Barbecues and even a Hog Roast are promised for the summer....

3  Thank eastbrake
Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

Several friends have mentioned it so thought we would drop by for lunch. Location is great.. Sea views all around. Found a seat easily as only two others were occupied. The table was crumb ridden and after ordering drinks the waitress returned with a dirty pink sponge and wiped it..nice. We ordered mackerel on toast and Swedish hash. Nothing out of the ordinary but acceptable all the same. 4.95 and 6.95 respectively. We then ordered hot drinks and two arroz cakes to follow. The cakes came on one small plate, no napkins and a teaspoon each. What we were supposed to do with the teaspoons I'm still wondering! There is a butchers block in the centre with cakes displayed but no covers. As I see that dogs are welcomed it will only be a matter of time before a wet dog shakes itself over the lot of them! Wet walks along the pier to the brasserie.. You get the idea. Wish I'd noticed that before I ordered our cakes. Nice cake but please cover them.
I can see what this place is trying to be but the front of house are not backing up the chef. We will be back to 'have another go' and I hope the points raised are helpful to all. I want to love this place please!

2  Thank Pewterjuglady
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Ate here a few days ago. A bit pricey compared to other good places in Ramsgate but the view over the harbour is great. The food was very good and all the courses were well prepared, well presented and full of flavour. We enjoyed our overall experience (including the pianist and constantly dimming lights). Well worth a visit.

1  Thank rovingsteve
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Thanet needs lots more people like the brave and hard-working folk here. The food was fantastic, incredibly reasonable and the location is unique. A 360 view of the sea and the marina. The children loved the food as well as the excitement of being "in the middle of the sea." I'd come back for the bread alone and that means driving from London. There's nothing within a short distance of our home in the capital that offers such a great menu that wouldn't cost twice what this place charges. I wish the team every possible success and can't wait to get back for a bowl of mussels soon. (Imagine how great it's going to be when the outdoor area is open!)

2  Thank slcottle