“Lovely cinema and theatre. ”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Granville Theatre

Granville Theatre
Ramsgate,|Kent
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Lovely cinema and theatre. ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

I have been here for three weeks in a row and love it. Week one wS to see An Inspector Calls. Week two was to see Lonnie Donogan Jnr and then The Grand Budapest Hotel. Prices were £10 - £16 and for the film - £4. How can you complain at these low prices. New digital projector and dolby surround sound, amazing. Will carry on to support this local theatre.

3 Thank ramsgate39

kent uk
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“a date with Cilin Fry”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

5th March I went with a friend to see Colin Fry-we sat in a very cold theatre with cold air blowing on us all the time there was no heating at all after all this is still winter
The seats were very uncomfortable and low and I was astonished that there were no provisions made for any one with disabilities the stairs were very very steep
No matter what is showing at this venue I would never want to book again
I hope that as this venue is owned privately that the owners will heed the comments.
Must be the worst theatre I have ever been in-no heating and no provisions made for elderly people or any one with disabilities.

Visited March 2014
Ramsgate, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yet again - another poor experience at this theatre”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

I am a Ramsgate resident that runs a small charity which takes disabled people out and about. Sadly we have had several bad experiences at this theatre, which has very poor disabled access and a very poor attitude towards people with disabilities. This came to the fore when I took a group to see the recent pantomime (which in itself was a great show). Being so upset about our experience there, where two of us didn't have the seats we booked and one disabled lady couldn't see the show, I apprached the Manager/Owner for a refund. Unfortunately I received the most aggressive and arrogant 'customer service' I have ever come across. Not a whiff of an apology for a situation that was completely their responsibility. I like to support local independent businesses and have put up with the freezing cold and drafty auditoriums at this theatre, their out of date website, their disorganisation, their poor projection of films, and their uncomfortable seats but I will not put up with a bad attitude towards disabled people, a lack of respect for customers and rude arrogance. They have lost my custom and the custom of my business too. I hear this theatre is struggling - is it any surprise??

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Sherry B
Broadstairs, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“DICK WHITTINGTON”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

Went to the Granville Theatre in Ramsgate today to see the pantomime Dick Whittington with my daughter and 3 year old granddaughter. 3 generations and we all absolutely loved it. The show is great fun and not too scary for the little one. Fantastic entertainment and only cost a total of £38 for all 3 of us which I thought was great value. It is a small theatre with an excellent view for all.

A wonderful afternoons entertainment. Don't miss it!

Visited December 2013
3 Thank sue3010
Ramsgate, United Kingdom
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Dick Whittington, a Pantomime not to be missed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

I went on Sunday to see Dick Whittington at the Granville and it was excellent!! The cast is great and the atmosphere was very good. The Granville theatre is a nice place to see shows (we saw Jekyll and Hyde and it was GREAT too!!) and the small room gives a very comfortable ambiance. Go and see Dick Whittington with your children, grandchildren or friend, they will LOVE it. I went with my partner and we really enjoyed our evening.

Visited December 2013