“Thai Takeover”

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Went with my husband as a twosome and were seated in the window with views across the marina. Lovely ambience, very intimate venue with traditional cosy pub outlay! Waitress very attentive and polite. Food outshone any other in Thanet- nothing deep fried here! Lovely prosecco and very reasonable. Would recommend highly and will be going back for more!

Reviewed November 10, 2012

I never fail to be dismayed by the misleading reviews on this site.

I wonder if the very critical reviewers have actually BEEN to Thailand. I don't mean 'have eaten Thai food before'; I mean actually travelled around Thailand to taste the real deal.

Having visited Thailand three times, I can assure you that the food at 100% Thai, is 100% authentic. I simply haven't had food that good outside of Thailand. What normally passes for Thai in this country is not how it actually tastes in the Land of Smiles.

The night I visited, I was with my friend for her Birthday, and we had a window seat with a partial harbour view. Everything was cooked to perfection, and the staff very friendly and helpful.

I asked about a very common/traditional Thai dish called 'som tam' (Spicy papaya salad) as it isn't on the menu much in the UK because of availability, and demand. The owners said if I gave them some notice, they would order some papaya specially for me! You can't ask for better customer service!

They also offer Thai cooking lessons, and I hope to book some soon.

If you want to try real Thai food, if you want to see how it's done properly, please give 100% Thai a visit.

1  Thank ManOfKent1977
Reviewed November 7, 2012

5 of us went on saturday night,it was quiet busy,its quaint inside,a bit tudorish pub,very warm & welcoming staff,all the food was well presented and delicious,this was our first visit but not our last.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

After reading some of the negative reviews on here I wasnt sure what to expect but I thought I would give the place a try. I must say that the food was definitely authentic in taste.

My partner and I ordered the Thai Dim Sum and the Chicken Satay for starters and both did not disappoint. the chicken was well marinated and very tender, better than other Thai restaurants Ive been too in the UK. The sauce was abit sweet but it didnt take away the flavour of the chicken satay itself.

For the main course we had Steamed rice, Pad Thai, Beef Masamun and Spicy beef salad.
The Pad Thai was as good as any place Ive eaten in Thailand, they went that little bit extra with the egg weave on top. Something you will be hard push to find in other Thai places here.
The Beef Masamun was very flavourful and tender indeed, you can definitely tell it was slow cooked. The Spicy Beef salad was to die for, the flavours was very refreshing. It had a nice kick to it, the salad was very fresh. If you like your food with a real flavour and kick too it, I would definitely recommend the Beef salad.

To round off the meal my partner and I had the Thai cheescake, its tasted gorgeus. You can tell it was homemade.

The service was very tentative and not too intrusive at all.

All in all I would definitely go back to this little restauant again when Im in the area again and would def recommend to anyone wanting to try real Thai food in Ramsgate.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Some of these reviews appear to be unrealistically critical, something I'd put down to the nearness of other Thai restaurants. Not only is it bad Karma but of the Ramsgate Thai places I'll only ever go to this one partly because of this underhanded approach.

Cracking tiny restaurant with friendly staff, intimate atmosphere and good food. It would be a perfect place to take a young lady, sadly I had to make do with my mate "Wobbly".
Quick attentive service but not irritating, speedy meals although the rice portion is tiny and comes in a plastic bag inside a woven container. Good curries, and for those who don't do curries but got dragged along there's some interesting mains which are more European in nature. If you can get seated up stairs there's a great view of the harbour.