“The best coffee in town”
Review of Marmalade - CLOSED

Marmalade
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
London, England, United Kingdom
“The best coffee in town”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

The best coffee in town alongside homemade cakes the like of which one must try to fully appreciate. Moist and bursting with all kinds of wickedness like jam, cream and lemon curd.

Welcoming and accommodating in a way that makes you forget where you are.

Unreservedly recommend.

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank only1birdistheword

“Good for a retro experience!”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We have visited Marmalade café three or four times. The atmosphere is relaxed and quiet. It is lovely to have tea and cakes in vintage tea sets!! The Victoria Sandwich cake was probably one of the best I've ever had. Nice to see Earl Grey tea served.............many places don't have a clue!! The staff are polite and friendly. The loo's are up some steep stairs, but are clean, fresh and tidy, which is important! The open fire is lovely on cold, wet days. The décor is really nice too.
The only small suggestion would be to extend the light meal menu, not just cakes and sandwiches...a bit more meal choice......please introduce some more light meals......pasta, fish or Mediterranean choices. We will be back. xx

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank non-bias
KENT
“Surprisingly nice for Ramsgate!”
Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

I have visited this place twice, the first time was with my 3 year old daughter who was desperate to go to a cafe and not normally frequenting Ramsgate I didn't know where to go, we stumbled across this place and went in. It's nicely decorated, if slightly narrow, but there are comfy seats to sit in towards the back, which are quite private. I ordered the tuna sandwich and asked for a latte which I'm not supposed to drink really so they were very accommodating and gave me a weak version, which was great. There wasn't anything much on the menu that my daughter wanted but they soon produced a pretty fairy cake for her which she loved. My sandwich came with a salad garnish and the bread was thick and tasty. The ladies serving we're friendly and even produced a box of books for my daughter to look through. All in all great service and yummy sandwiches. I have since returned whilst on my own to have another tuna mayo on brown!!! Yummy and very filling. I would recommend this place if your in the area.

Visited April 2013
“Great food & atmosphere”
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

We were first attracted by the rather cool looking decor. Went in and had a really great sandwich & coffee, in fact probably one of the best sandwiches i have had, my tuna sandwich was really packed with a great tasting filling, and my partners ham sandwich was equally good. Really nice friendly staff, its well worth a visit.

Visited April 2013
Ashford, United Kingdom
“warm fire in marmalade resturant”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

if your in ramsgate in harbour st go to this resturant it has an open fire in the actual resturant lovely and toastie and the fresh cooked food is amazing staff very friendly and prices are worth it

• Visited April 2013