“A very memorable, good value date”

Panorama Restaurant
Ranked #86 of 203 Restaurants in Ramsgate
Cuisines: Chinese, Malaysian, Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Special lunch available from £4.50Oriental dining-Authentic Chinese,Malaysian & ThaiEat as much as you like menu available £10.00-£16.90
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Upon Googling for Chinese “All-You-Can-Eat” establishments in Thanet, I found that there was little on offer. Most of the restaurants lacked websites, had few reviews, out of date contact details and were overpriced. I did, however, manage to find the Panorama, which has a website with contact and pricing details, menu examples and even photographs of the food and interior, so my date and I decided that this was where we would go.

On arrival, we were greeted by not just the member of staff at the door, but every one of the staff who we could see. They were polite and professional, and we felt right at home straight away. The restaurant itself was also a wonder to behold, with beautiful tables, seating and décor. The music was, however, disappointingly English.

The menu is split into two options: the Main Menu consisting of standard meals, sides, etc, and of course, the Buffet. We were told that the Buffet worked so that we selected what we want from the Buffet Menu, and it was made individually for us, which is a much nicer way of providing food than the standard “All-You-Can-Eat” Buffet layout that I am accustomed to in establishments that I have visited before. The prices are decent enough, though more expensive than other options in Thanet, there is a huge variety of foods available on both menus, and portions provided are neither too small, nor too large.

Food was delivered relatively quickly through the use of a pull-down delivery system from the upstairs kitchen, which meant that it was fresh and piping hot. The Chinese Tea was also the best I have ever had the pleasure of drinking in all my years.

However, all these positives aside, the toilets are quite a distance away, up long stairs, which was painful for me as a disabled person, and there was a period where we waited for nearly an hour for anyone to pay us any attention, though prior to then they were checking on us every twenty minutes or so to see if we wanted anything, which was much better.

We stayed for four hours and had many varied dishes, both vegetarian (for myself) and meaty (for my partner), so we did get a heck of a lot of good quality food and drink for our money.
Over-all, the experience was very pleasant, and I intend on returning soon, possibly for their Main Menu rather than their buffet. Highly recommended.

4  Thank Illisia

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Recent lack of good chinese food in Thanet has led to me not eating Chinese for some considerable time. Last half a dozen take aways from three different businesses across IOT have been extremely disappointing.

Reluctantly went to Panorama this month, on a work 'jolly'. Service was extremely slow but friendly, but food was fantastic. So much so, I spent Sunday battling the urge to order a take-away!!

Toilets were not modernised, but very clean and tidy.

Had the service been more organised, I would definitely have rated this excellent. Well done Panorama. I will be eating your food again, and recommend it to all my friends and acquaintances.

4  Thank Susan D
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Having ordered from here before and been happy with the food I'm really disappointed with the service this time. We ordered through Hungry House at 7.20pm and didn't receive our delivery until 9.30pm! I understand its a restaurant too but to take over 2 hours is really poor time management.

We called after the first hour to check our order was received and was advised they had only just got it but they're quickly preparing the food and it would be with us in 20 minutes. After another 40 minutes we called again and was told they hadn't started cooking our order as the restaurant was very busy and the customers in there take priority!

My advice would be if you can't handle busy periods of time then don't offer a takeaway and delivery service as well as the restaurant. I'm afraid we won't be ordering from here again.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

We eat there nearly every other week and cannot fault the food. We always order the all you can eat menu and get good quality food and plenty of it! The staff remembered us after the first visit and are always happy and chat with us, asking how we are, even if we see them down the town they always say hi. Cannot fault them, best Chinese in Ramsgate and I've tried them all :)

2  Thank Caz_Baker
Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

Second time for us, and as always food was lovely, plenty of choice, served by the lovely and pleasant waitress. We will be returning very soon.

1  Thank razinsun85