“Not sure why but I love this place”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Rokka

Rokka
Ranked #116 of 195 Restaurants in Ramsgate
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: ROKKA Ramsgate brings a fresh approach to Ramsgate's existing cafe culture along the Royal Harbour Marina. A stylish venue with a vibrant atmosphere and stunning waterfront location, ROKKA is the perfect place to EAT... DRINK... & PARTY... By day, the venue takes on a coffee lounge persona, with relaxing sofas and an extensive selection of coffees and specialty teas served alongside a modern menu of sharing platters and Mediterranean cuisine with a modern twist. With a heated outdoor seating area, unrivaled views of Ramsgate's Royal Harbour, ROKKA is the perfect place to eat, drink and unwind. The free wireless internet access provides the ideal location for meetings and business lunches. As night time falls, the ultra modern and uber chic decor allows ROKKA Ramsgate to transform into the most exclusive bar in town. With a relaxed atmosphere and serving a great selection of wines & cocktails. At the weekend, with regular guest DJ's and live the bar comes to life giving ROKKA the unique feel of a trendy London bar overlooking Ramsgate's Royal Harbour. Just like its sister venue ROKKA Margate, ROKKA Ramsgate is renowned for throwing the most talked about private parties in town and has a dedicated Party Planning Team to throw you a party to remember.
Kent
“Not sure why but I love this place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

Been here for drinks before and today we enjoyed a light lunch - service was excellent - choice was good - and the view of the marina is ace. - This is not off the card this is a simple menu - nothing was too much trouble - give it a shot.

• Visited April 2012
ROKKA_Customer_Care, Manager at Rokka, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear stockyhouse, thank you for taking the time to review us. We are so lucky to have such an amazing view of the marina, glad you had time to enjoy it. Next time you're here, you should try one of our sharing platters with a friend, that along with a jug of sangria is the perfect partner for lazy afternoon on the Ramsgate Riviera! Look forward to seeing you soon.

Ramsgate, United Kingdom
“Do not Bother...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2011

Bad Service, Over Priced Frozen Food on Menu. Would not recommend to anyone.

• Visited August 2011
Dear CriticKingy, unfortunatley this is an attempt on a slur of the business from a barred member of the public. I do not need to respond any further to this un true review.
Broadstairs, United Kingdom
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2011

Value for money ,good service and very friendly.in warm weather lovely to sit out side but nice in side to.

• Visited November 2011
ROKKA_Customer_Care, Manager at Rokka, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear Anitacolyer, thank you for your valued feedback, it's always a pleasure to hear from customers who have enjoyed the experience that we strive to offer on a day to day basis. We've just developed our outdoor area for the winter to include new heaters and wind barriers, we've even got cozy blankets for you too for when it's a bit nippy out there! Look forward to seeing you again soon.
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Greek Meze to die for ! ;)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2011

Myself & a few friends spend most of August Bank Holiday Monday afternoon here. The service was great with a great view of the harbour whilst sitting in the glorious sunshine. I would recommend the Greek Meze for 2, which myself & my other half truly enjoyed. The harbour area is busy & vibrant & ROKKA always seems to be busy.

• Visited August 2011
Dear RobbieStyles, thank you for your great review and for taking the time to log your feedback here on Trip Advisor. You definitley made the right decision ordering the Meze Platter to share, it's our most popular dish! Next time you should try finishing it off with the Dessert Platter to share if you've still got room that is.... pure heaven on a plate!! We look forward to seeing you again soon.
kent
“dissapointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2011

My husband and I went here for lunch a few days ago, the decor is nice and the waitress was very sweet. My husband had the chicken which was ok but I made the mistake of having the burger, it was so overcooked it was awful I tried to persevere with it, but after a couple of mouthfuls gave up and just ate the side salad and chips thinking that my 'dust bin' husband would eat it after hes chicken, normally he always finishes any meal that I cant eat! He took one mouthful and refused saying that it was way overcooked and inedible - there was me thinking I was just being my fussy self, hence not saying anything to the staff sooner! We told the waitress who called her superior, he was very kurt and almost rude, they did take the price of the burger off of the bill, but made me feel like I was trying my luck.
I WILL NEVER GO HERE AGAIN, in my mind if you cant even cook a simple burger without cremating it you have no hope, it would of been a bit more understandable if they had been busy, but they were very quite at the time.

I would never recommend this restaurant to anybody.

• Visited September 2011
2 Thank titchntall
Dear titchntall, I do remember this specific situation very well so can offer an alternative view to the one that you have tried to make. In fact, there was another table sat next to you and your husband whom commented to us after about how unconfortable the situtaion was for them due to your behaviour. You and your husband were in fact having an altercation at the table and raising your voices at each other. You ate 90% of your burger and then complained to the waitor. It seems that you did not have a good lunch for another reason. Our waiting staff will always offer an alternative if any customer is not 100% satisfied with their meal, it is part of our Customer Service.