“Pie Club and Pudding Club”
Review of Churchill Tavern

Churchill Tavern
Ranked #34 of 203 Restaurants in Ramsgate
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I have been to both the Pie and the Pudding club now, and can say without any reservations that they are both excellent; value for money, delicious food and generous portions. The service was excellent, and the choice of pies and puddings was enormous – I think I counted nine different deserts (and I tried at least seven of these) and six different pies (and tried all of those). The chicken and tarragon pie which has featured at both pie nights I went to is probably the best pie I have ever eaten – what more can you ask for?

3  Thank Ollie G

Reviewed May 8, 2014

Not sure what to expect but sat at a "shared" table with another couple - room sits around 20 people - pies brought out and stood under hot lamps - WOW what a choice - menus on table detailing each pie. You make your selection and if you can manage it try all 6! Accompanied by potatoes and veg. You can go back as many times as you like. A choice of a desert after that - I could only manage a "sorbet" but my husband enjoyed the bread and butter brioche pudding! I hasten to say we walked the long way round back to our car. Great atmosphere, staff excellent all for the cost of £15 for two courses.
Pudding nights also available - choice of 6 deserts - so now in training.......
Ring to check dates - you must book as numbers are limited.
We will be going back soon........

1  Thank Gillian G
Reviewed May 7, 2014

We have just eaten the most delicious range of pies at Churchill tavern pie night, freshly cooked ranging from rich ox cheek to light chicken and tarragon , fish or vegetarian all accompanied by a range of vegetables . A truly great meal for those of us who love our food. I highly recommend it

1  Thank Katherine B
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Would very strongly recommend the brunch that's served on Saturday mornings. The choice is considerable, the value on some dishes (e.g., the light English breakfast) is outstanding and the service is generally friendly and helpful. Can also recommend the restaurant for evening meals. A top-rate chef!

1  Thank Tony B
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Went to Churchills on Friday, it was our first time. We started with mackerel pate & ham hock terrine which was delicious, followed by coq au vin which was superb, we shared dessert as we were full and finished with banofee pie, which was the best I have ever tasted. Only downside my husband had to go to the bar for more drinks.

1  Thank Jennerhouse J