“Superb breakfast and kind staff.”
Review of Churchill Tavern

Churchill Tavern
Ranked #34 of 201 Restaurants in Ramsgate
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I ate here twice last weekend. Beautiful looking place with terrific views out across toward the English Channel. On the Saturday morning,I had one of the best breakfasts I'd had in a long time- a delicious Full English with local bacon, eggs and sausages- all cooked just as I asked. They also do a proper Bubble&Squeak, with fresh green leaf vegetables and petis pois... All of which induced me to call in the following afternoon for a few local Kentish ales and a Sunday Roast. Again, this was really lovely- fluffy, freshly roasted potatoes, juicy roast beef and traditional gravy, all served up by warm waiting staff- great value, too... A real gem of a place, which I will re-visit...

2  Thank Gareth C
There are newer reviews for Churchill Tavern

Reviewed May 28, 2013

As weekend visitors to Ramsgate, we decided that we didn't want to venture far from our hotel as the weather wasn't very nice. I looked up and found this pub/restaurant had quite good reviews on T/A. The food was very good and you got a lot of it. The actual decor of the pub wasn't the nicest we've seen, but it didn't seem to put any of the other diners off. Very good value for money as well. We had......Lamb Shank, Liver & Bacon, Mussells, Sea Bass and Beef Burger followed by Nickerbocker Glory, Banana Split, Brownie & Cheeseboard, drinks all for £85.00. Very good service as well. We'll definately go back.

1  Thank karaokekate
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Several veggie items on the menu. We were a party of 6, food was well presented, deep fried brie looked very, very nice and in good size portions. My hummus baguette and fries was nice but the peppers could have been cooked/charred a bit more as not soft enough, again good size portions. Not mine but the King size prawns a little dry from being slightly over cooked. All in all very nice, very reasonable prices, good size portions, well presented, service a little slow but very friendly, will go back some time.

1  Thank veggie-visitor
Reviewed May 6, 2013

The food was brilliant and the waitress was amazing. We had quite a few vegetarians and the very kind waitress even offered her own home made soup to one of our diners, which was also delicious. Great atmosphere and will definetly be going again.

1  Thank Arvind K
Reviewed May 4, 2013

My husband and I had a full English breakfast here and thought it was brilliant value for money. We had 2 eggs, 2 sausages, bacon, beans and a thick slice of toast, all for three pounds fifty! The waitress even offered us extra eggs if they weren't cooked to our liking. The view from our table over the harbour was lovely, there were newspapers to read and the toilets were very clean. Am looking forward to going back to try their evening meals.

1  Thank anne2209