“Excellent food, very unfriendly service”

St. Lawrence Tandoori
Ranked #35 of 205 Restaurants in Ramsgate
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 18, 2014

We've just been for a meal to celebrate my partners birthday. We've always really enjoyed the food here so decided to return- unfortunately we've returned home feeling really quite dissappointed; infact id go as far to say angered by how unwelcome we were made to feel.

I want to stress that as always the food was brilliant, we had main courses and some sundry dishes, all of which were very tasty, hot and of good size.

However, I can honestly say I've never been to a restaurant and been faced with such a rude, unfriendly waiter. The young man who served us made us feel so unwelcome we decided not to have any more drinks or coffee and paid the bill and left early. Not once did his expression change from a disdainful glare, and it was as much as he could do to even speak when taking our order or serving our food. I feel really dissapoitment as not only was this supposed to be a nice night out to celebrate, but we've always loved this restaurant, and in all honestly I don't think I'll be returning.

1  Thank JS47food

Reviewed April 12, 2014

Living locally but never having tried this restaurant before we decided it was time to go there. NEVER again. The staff were abrupt and unfriendly and refused us the table we wanted even though nobody else was in there. The Poppadum was clearly from the day before and needed a sledgehammer to crack it. I had main course chicken tikka which is what I judge an Indian restaurant by because it can't be hidden amongst spicy sauces. It was hard, dry and tasteless. The only good thing about this poor experience was the fresh orange segments they produced after the main course - juicy, cold and fresh. Everything else was a disappointment and we escaped to walk home as fast as we could. Never, ever would we go back there nor recommend it.

Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

I think the worst Indian food I've ever had. It was nearly cold when we got it home and had no taste what so ever. The staff did not seem interested in serving us. Please take my advice and use another restaurant.

2  Thank Pdrumz
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

We have ate at this restaurant many times and always had the best Indian food, great service and a relaxed atmosphere to enjoy the evening.

2  Thank Nay475
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Decided to try the local Indian for a change with friends instead of cooking it, well well well what a mistake and not to be repeated. All curries were very mild, for the service they were no personal touch. Staff were going up and down and didn't smile. There was no atmosphere at all.