“A real gem..”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Pelosi's
Description: Business re-opened under the name of Sorbetto http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g186314-d6844467-Reviews-Sorbetto-Ramsgate_Isle_of_Thanet_Kent_England.html
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Having grown up in Ramsgate, I've always had the advantage of having what feels like, my very own ice cream parlour on the doorstep! Not only are you buying home-made ice cream, but you get the full on Italian experience by sitting inside. For an ice cream parlour that has so many awards, the Pelosis are obviously doing something right!! The range of flavours are heavenly .. & whatever your taste buds, there will be something for you. In particular, my favourite was the Ferrero Rocher and I have heard people come far and wide for this! In the summer time I tend to stick with the more refreshing flavours like watermelon and lime :-) There is often a queue in the summer but we are always dealt with swiftly and with a smile.

On a sunny winter day, we often stop in for one of their coffees. You see and hear the coffee beans being ground perfectly for the cup .. for me, there is nothing more satisfying than having proper Italian coffee in my cup!! The staff are always so sweet and always seem interested in what I have to say.

I remember once, we had a large family gathering at home. I called them up and said I was going to come down for a large order of ice cream for our pudding. I think I ended up taking home 10 little tubs and that service was just great. It is incredibly rare to find somewhere so well preserved with its original fixtures and fittings. I love this place and long may it continue!!

1  Thank LydiaDR

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Having tried Morelli’s in Broadstairs, the next day we sampled Pelosi’s so we could compare. The quality of the icecream was just as good, although we preferred the toppings, etc., in Morelli’s. However, Morelli’s was so over-priced that had we wanted more icecream during our stay, we should certainly have chosen Pelosi’s. The staff too were more friendly in Pelosi’s.

Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Was looking. Forward to a cool iced one but was sadly underwhelmed with what eventuates. Thought the scoop size was a bit mean and others seem to agree. I have actually tasted far superior ice cream over the years so I was surprised this place has won so many awards. I probably will not bother again which will be annoying as this place has no competitors at present. This is exactly what it needs. Monopoly has its downside.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Went in for a milkshake, was charged £4.20 for a "deluxe" cadbury flake milkshake. It turned out to be essentially cold powered hot chocolate drink that had a flake crushed up in it. The chairs were fixed too close to the tables and the place was almost empty, despite it being a weekend day in peak season. Says it all really.

Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

This has some of the best ice cream at any resort in the south. It goes back over 60 years such great parlour it's like going back 50 years with pastel colours in the style of 1950s.

1  Thank Steven C