“Palosis ice cream parlour”
Review of Pelosi's - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Pelosi's
Description: Business re-opened under the name of Sorbetto http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g186314-d6844467-Reviews-Sorbetto-Ramsgate_Isle_of_Thanet_Kent_England.html
Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

This has some of the best ice cream at any resort in the south. It goes back over 60 years such great parlour it's like going back 50 years with pastel colours in the style of 1950s.

1  Thank Steven C

Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Whilst we were in Ramsgate I fancied some proper homemade ice cream, so thanks to google and trip advisor, I decided to try out Pelosi's. On recommendation by another reviewer, I tried the watermelon and actually went back later in the day for a bit more!! It was beautiful, refreshing and I could have eaten the entire tub! We also tried the limoncello cake flavour which was super creamy with cake swirled through, and the tiramisu which had a perfectly balanced coffee to alcohol flavour.

We didn't eat in, have a coffee or any other snacks as we'd already had a meal so can't comment on that. However, I wouldn't mind going back and testing some more things ;) The interior is dated, but preserved and not delapitated, just strangely retro and quaint!

Overall, very cute place with friendly staff, loooovely ice cream and a nice atmosphere!

1  Thank foreverella
Reviewed January 5, 2013

OK if you want a quick coffee or tea, ice cream or sugary snack.
Seats were uncomfortable, staff friendly,, better than other branches in the area.
Ice cream choices to die for!

1  Thank Pat G
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Having been disappointed at Morelli's in Broadstairs I had mixed emotions regarding Pelosi's. However I have been pleasantly surprised! I have bought ice cream from Pelosi's in May, June, July and August of this year and each time they have had the classics, strawberry, chocolate, vanilla etc.. Then we have satsuma, rum and raisin, watermelon and all sorts of other delightful flavours! The lady behind the counter informed us that the ice cream was made fresh on the premises every day using fresh fruit and semi skimmed milk. Wowee. I have made repeat trips due to the tasty amazingness of the ice cream sold here.

I would recommend going here in the summer months when they are likely to be busy - the wafers, cones and flakes etc seem to be much fresher. However as with all ice cream parlours round here, it is slightly overpriced in my opinion. They also sell coffees and whatnot and it is a lovely place to chill and chat after taking the dog for a walk or after a hard day sunbathing! Also has a lovely view of the harbour.

Mr Pelosi, thank you!!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

It is unfortunate that, in this country, we allow the sale of substandard foods that do not match their name. British chocolate for instance contains vegetable fat instead of the cocoa butter naturally found in the cocoa bean in order to make a cheap product, and is not allowed to be sold in Europe as chocolate. Ice cream is another victim of this. Most commercially made ice cream, such as Walls, contain no cream but cheap vegetable fat which leaves a horrible cloying film in the mouth in the same way that Cadbury's chocolate does. Unfortunately the ice cream my wife and I had at Pelosis fell into this category and tasted as bad as Tesco value icecream. The vanilla tasted of carboard and left such a horrible film in our mouths that we both ate a cheese burger shortly afterwards to get rid of the taste...and thats saying something!

This was such a disappointment as we had travelled over 100 miles to experience what is undoubtedly one of the most well presrved cafe interiors in the country and I had been impressed by their display of freshly made gelato that I had seen on sale there earlier in the year.

To top this off the only cream they could offer on a sundae was the cheap aerosol cream, the lady behind the counter saying we can't keep fresh cream fresh! No thank you!!!

The owners are discrediting their Italian heritage by serving this rubbish. You would not eat a product this poor in Italy or anywhere else in Europe for that matter! Shame on you Mr. Pelosi

1  Thank MaldonGastronomie