“RAMSGATE HARBOUR DELIGHT”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
“RAMSGATE HARBOUR DELIGHT”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

We live in the area and have done for about 30+ years, so we know where to dine out, and The Old Custom Coffee House is one of best .First the cleanliness and service is second to none and the position,- sitting outside with the harbour in the background on a summers day " what a joy ".
Now the all important food - SUPERB IS THE BEST WAY TO DESCRIBE IT. Why do I bother to drive 20 miles because the food, cleanliness, service, and position are all to our liking, and I think you will enjoy this restaurant as much as we do -. 3 TIPS, Fish & Chips, The Meze, And their Sunday Carvery are all STUNNING, YUM YUM. Can't wait to go again. Thanks to Phyllis the owner, and her well organised staff No is not an option, it's always YES. Melanie & Tony xx.

3 Thank Tonysarl

England
“Excellent clean, friendly place that I use regularly and recommend”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Having been using this place for the last few years I was amazed at the spiteful ex-employee review I just read and can only say that he is showing that he was unsuitable for the job with his attitude (and his grammar leaves a lot to be desired!) I have seen the kitchen (spotless and gleaming), the actual restaurant is always clean and spotless with the owner always making sure the whole place is cleaned and floors mopped daily. I often have to use disinfectant wipes in restaurants and cafes because the tables are so dirty but that is never necessary here. The staff are friendly and professional. As a very fussy customer myself I am always very happy to go to this establishment regularly and highly recommend it.

1 Thank RainbowThanet
Ramsgate, United Kingdom
“Do not go there”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

I have been a employee here 6 months now, working at 6pound a hour tips shared with the manager when all she does is wash up, and I got the sack on the fine for basically questioning my shift. I would not eat here because napkins are kept of customers plates to wipe things down with by her, any food left like crisps are put back in a bag to be reused, all done by the manager

5 Thank mummybx
Dartford, United Kingdom
“Great Place”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

We only stopped for tea & cakes, but what cakes. A great huge slab of coffee & walnut cake and so beautifully presented it seemed a shame to bite into it but of course I did, heaven. The young chappie who served us was really lovely, a big thank you. Good value for money too.

Margate, United Kingdom
“Slightly disappointing”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

We had high hopes for the cafe as the smell was amazing and it all looked inviting, sadly though instead of lots of homemade lovelies it was all fast frozen food, I know this as our table was next to a large freezer and used regularly! Why put the freezer in the dining room!! I had a jacket tuna mayo which was microwaved and hard and my other half had the cheese burger, all cheap products. The fish and chips of some other diners looked better! It has so much potential if someone owned it who could ensure produce quality and home cooking!

• Visited June 2014