“A must visit - Highly Recommend, 5*”
Review of Corby's Tea Rooms

Corby's Tea Rooms
Ranked #6 of 203 Restaurants in Ramsgate
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 19, 2013

When in Ramsgate and feeling peckish - check Corby's Tea Rooms out, they cater for all tastes,
You won't regret it!

Reviewed October 13, 2013

A lovely little restaurant. Very relaxing atmosphere. We had afternoon tea the service was excellent. Good value for money really enjoyable highly recommended.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Visited twice on 11 & 12 October. First time was for afternoon tea, where we were served strong, flavoursome filtered coffee and the best carrot cake ever, which had a lovely depth of spice. We went back as a group of ten for a full English breakfast the following day, which consisted of top quality ingredients, freshly cooked to order. This scrumptious breakfast was efficiently served by a friendly, first class waitress, who attended to our very need with a sense of humour. Can't wait to go back; and such a refreshing change to the coffee house giants. Top marks Corbys!

Reviewed October 9, 2013

A not overambitious tea rooms that delivers what it promises.

Mrs L and I were after an early light lunch and found that there are surprisingly few really appealing teashops or coffee houses in Ramsgate. We'd seen the back of this one (by the amusing brick sculptures of sofas) and finding ourselves out front a few minutes later decided to give it a try. We were very pleased that we did.

Service was prompt unaffected (ie genuine) relaxed and with a smile. We also saw the waitress being very helpful and engaging with other customers, so she's worth treasuring.

We had a big (I mean BIG) coffee and a tea, with a toastie and a cake (for Mrs L). I was given a choice of breads for my toastie, which appeared with all sorts of healthy-looking garnish. Mrs L's cake was first rate, too, I am told.

On VFM, I can't recall what it cost, which is always a good sign. I do recall leaving a well-earned tip.

All in all, this does what it says on the tin and does it really rather well. If you're up for a light lunch or a cuppa with a slice, then Corby's is heartily recommended.

1  Thank Victor_Ludorum
Reviewed October 6, 2013

My family and I were on holiday in broadstairs and decided to go to Ramsgate for a visit.It started to rain so we all went in this very friendly tearoom.We all had delicious toasted sandwiches and the most mouth watering cakes.As we could not make up our minds which to choose we had a slice of them all including carrot cake,lemon meringue,chocolate mousse,victoria sandwich,and raspberry and coconut sponge which we shared.The bill was very reasonable and would like to say to the owners WELL DONE CORBY,S.